• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fuel Injected Tiger

socorob

Donation Time
Thanks. That looks really good sitting on top of the engine. Did anyone do a before and after dyno with it?

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Robbie,

I haven't done an after run on the dyno as yet, but I would be interested to see what it does now as I have a better ignition system as well. I didn't install any venting to the tank, but there is the original vent pipe between the two tanks anyway. Not sure if Bill added a vent either.

Regards, Robin.

64beam

Donation Time
What ignition system did you use?

I was lucky to find out that a customer at work has a cousin who owns ICE ignition systems here in Victoria. He gave me a very good price on one of his multi curve system which included the distributor, spark plug leads, coil and ignition box (looks similar to MSD style distributors). Well worth the money.
Here is a picture of the distributor: http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2391863480104459124rryiZi

Their internet site is: http://www.iceignition.com/

Regards, Robin.

Duke

Donation Time
How about this! Will be available in Jan.

http://www.atomicefi.com/home.aspx

AtomicCallOut.gif

Up to 620 HP
No fuel return line
Controls ignition too
Displays lots of info to include AFR.
Desired AFR can be adjusted
No laptop
Data Log ability for review on computer.

I am willing to bet that my 347 would be very close to 500 HP with this baby.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm..............

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Injecting above the throttle plates and the annular rings is all the detriment of a carburetor with little of the benefit of proper EFI.
Plus putting the electronics in such a hot and vulnerable place?

Pass...

alpine_64

Donation Time
Injecting above the throttle plates and the annular rings is all the detriment of a carburetor with little of the benefit of proper EFI.
Plus putting the electronics in such a hot and vulnerable place?

Pass...

Jarrid i thought the same thing when i first saw it.. same issue you mentioned on the easy and other systems.. also sees to be the same setup in that it's a closed loop system, not "self learning" as they pitch it.. i know having a programmed mapped setup is a pain intially.. but long run.. is better. That said... I would like the lack of petrol smell in the car. :D

Duke.. dont worry i havernt forgot your rants about the efi on your BMW.. but IIRC that was turboed.. which makes it a bit harder to dial in.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I have no comment with respect to the self tuning claims.

I am still waiting for someone to tell me what happens to the tuning on the EZ-EFI systems when you disconnect the wideband sensor.

64beam

Donation Time
I have no comment with respect to the self tuning claims.

I am still waiting for someone to tell me what happens to the tuning on the EZ-EFI systems when you disconnect the wideband sensor.

I don't know if this answers your question properly or not, but if you loose any of the sensors other than the rpm input, the Ez-EFI switches to a limp home mode or basic setup. Not sure if it clears any prior fuel maps though.

Regards, Robin.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Now if I had some spare change like 4 or 5 grand I might be interested.

End of this month property taxes as well as house insurance.Our greedy goverment even put the sales tax on house insurance.Then another month and its vehicle insurance.What can I say other than we just pay it

artic cat

Donation Time
lol, yes my taste don't match my income, if you'll notice a post I recently made about headers, used are looking good to me. I shop way more than I buy.