• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1953 Sunbeam Alpine brake hoses

1953 Alpine

Donation Time
I am searching for the two front and single rear brake hoses for my father in laws 1953 Sunbeam Alpine MK1. Any information would be helpful, I do not know the part numbers. I'm not sure if they would be available in the USA. If you know who may sell parts for this year, I would appreciate any information.

alpine_64

Donation Time
If you have the originals you can take them to a hydaulics supplier and they can probably make some quite quickly/easily.

I would contact the STAR (sunbeam and talbot register) in the Uk, they will probably know off the shelf supplys. Another thing to consider is they are likely the same as the early talbots of the period.. maybe MKII or IIA?

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'd have them made anyway, unless the club or supplier has suitable modern reproductions.

Any NOS brake hoses that you find will probably be over 50 years old and the rubber is likely to be substantially weakened or entirely perished.. and besides, modern materials are far safer.

Some NOS parts should just remain on a shelf, looking pretty in their nice boxes.

lemansvk

Donation Time
Anyone/everyone with a Mark Alpine (or Talbot) should join Bob Hamilton's listserver for Sunbeam Talbot Alpines. Bob's webpage is at the following link, and you can find instruction to join the listserver in the column on the left

http://www.sunbeamtalbot.info/

Cheers, Vic