• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What doors fit a SIV GT?

Mike snyder

Donation Time
The drivers door skin on my 1964 SIV GT is dented so badly I think it will be easier to replace it than to repair it. I have not been able to find a GT door (round Corner) so I am thinking of picking up a standard round corner door and modifying it to except the GT door trim or taking the skin off of it and putting it on my door. My door functions fine just the skin is stretched. So, will a SI, SII, SIII, or SV door fit or are they not interchangable?

65beam

Donation Time
doors

series 1 and 2 doors can not be used since they have a different window regulator and windows and are different in that they have no provisions for the wing windows. series 3 and series 4 doors with round corners will fit but not series 5 doors since they are square corner. GT doors have the brackets welded to hold the GT panels since the panels cover the entire door.

jmthehermit

Donation Time
doors

Mike, here is a shot of the two types. The GT is on the top with the ST on the bottom. Look for the tabs around the inside perimeter. These are also square cornered doors. Please note the placement of the window crank. The '64 is in a lower position than what would be on the the square type.

65beam

Donation Time
doors

if anyone needs the GT brackets for the doors, i have a set we cut off of a set of series 3 doors.

hotrod

Donation Time
I have a badly rusted series IV that will end up in the scrap yard eventually. The drivers door skin is useable though. Where are you located? I am in sw VA.