• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Cross member shim

mattinoz

Donation Time
Is the alloy shim ( I presume it's aluminium) that insulates the front cross member from the chassis rails available as a spare part? Is it a standard size or are they used to true up the front suspension alignment in some way and hence are sized to suit? I guess having them milled isn't beyond the realms of possibility but it someone reproduces that would be simpler.

alpine_64

Donation Time
The shims were a standard size, they often turn to dust over the years being alloy sanwidched between steel and exposed to all that road grime.

IIRC someone in the UK made some mid last year, but i imagine someone can give you the dimensions of the stepped design if you want to make some locally.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Shims

I made my own, which I am not using anymore,they are pretty simple to reproduce. I have two left over that are anodized that I would be willing to sell. jkgriffs@ yahoo.com

Joel

RandeBell

Donation Time
source for cross member shims

If you're still searching for the shims, they're in one size, and often available from Sunbeam Specialties in Campbell, California. Their webpage is
www.rootes.com