• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series-five 2.8 V6 conversion for sale

chris

Donation Time
Unfortunately, the economy has caught up with me, and I find myself needing to sell my restored Series-five 2.8 litter V6 conversion (Jose’s kit). Paint code 86 (forest green) with wire wheels, car cover, and removable hardtop, Holly four-barrel carburetor, and A4LD overdrive transmission. Engine and transmission professionally rebuilt 3000 miles ago. Rust free California car with original black license plates. $10,500
The hard to has been painted and I have all the trim but no glass. Photos available whenever if figure out how to post them or upon request.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Chris, Hate to see anyone sell their Alpine... Just for clarification, is the AL4D overdrive also an automatic?

chris

Donation Time
Yes it is.
Here are some photos

Attachments

• Alpine 2011 013.jpg
    Alpine 2011 013.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Alpine 2011 015.jpg
    Alpine 2011 015.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Roundup 02.jpg
    Roundup 02.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 163

lillypad

Donation Time
I just wanted to thank Chris here on the forum for working with me on the sale of his car. Loaded on the truck yesterday and soon to arrive. Also, I wouldn't have bought the car without getting research info thru the forum to help making the decision to buy.
Thanks

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Lillypad,

You´ve just bought yourself a fine example of a V6 Alpine. I´m sad to hear that Chris had to sell it, but I´m sure you will enjoy it as much as he did.

Jose

I just wanted to thank Chris here on the forum for working with me on the sale of his car. Loaded on the truck yesterday and soon to arrive. Also, I wouldn't have bought the car without getting research info thru the forum to help making the decision to buy.
Thanks

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Beautiful car!

Are those regular knock-off wires? If so, I wasn't sure they would take the horsepower of a V6 (some say they don't handle the 4 all that well).

Mike

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Mike OD,

They are wire wheels, but he has an automatic in it, so they don´t get the hard jolt that a clutch can give it. Also, Chris is a very calm driver, not a mad man like me, so he didn´t stress anything on the car. If you don´t do the twisties in a competitive manner, the wire wheels will work OK.

Jose

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Jose,

Thanks for the reply. I personally think wire wheels really make the look of a 60's british sports car. But I have also read about some of the drawbacks of using them.

Mike

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Mike,

If you are willing to have them serviced about once a year, they can give you good service. I like the look too, but I don´t have the patience to fiddle with them all the time.

Jose

JonPiz

Donation Time
I wouldnt be concerned about the strength of wire wheels with a V6. Consider the amount of much more powerful engined cars that came with wires as standard such as Aston Martin, Ferrari and Maserati. I'd be more concerned about the brakes