• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Project Sunbeam MMXI

afssanders

Donation Time
I know. Right?, but wait til you guys see what I'm putting in the back. I'll put it this way. My plates could say BaitCar.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi John,

I had been wondering how your project was progressing and now I can see. The project is looking great.

Regards, Robin.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Hi John

Now I'm really impressed with you following through with your design and wonderful workmanship to boot.
It makes me wish I had followed through with what I first envisioned doing with my Lister project.
I look forward to meeting you at the Invasion.I do not know which car I will be bringing.

afssanders

Donation Time
Hi John

Now I'm really impressed with you following through with your design and wonderful workmanship to boot.
It makes me wish I had followed through with what I first envisioned doing with my Lister project.
I look forward to meeting you at the Invasion.I do not know which car I will be bringing.

Thank you
What's this Lister?

afssanders

Donation Time
Thank you

Thank you Alpine_64, Robin and Robbie. It's been tough and slowing going this year. I'm seriously scrounging for time blocks to put into the car. Wifey wasn't too happy with me when I said I going to working on it all weekend last week, but I knew it had to be done. Now I'm rounding the corner and heading for home. Sweet feeling I must say. I can't wait for dry roads so I can go see what this thing weighs and to burn a little rubber.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Those mirrors are hand spun, but not by me. They are Berlin Talbots. I'll see if I can find where I bought them. I remember my quest in search of good looking mirrors and it was a long one, but I'm sure I can find the place. Found it!

http://www.talbotco.com/talbot_details.htm

John i suspected those wree the repro talbots.. i spoke to the guy making them a few years back.. at the time with our $AU so slow i couldnt bring myself to buy a pair. Are yours the 303 JR? I was thining about getting the Senior ones.. also the reason i asked if you made them was that generally the talbot mirrors have the logo stamped into the top.

afssanders

Donation Time
yes, dyno and weight, inquiring minds wanna know. Are your mirrors the aluminum ones?

I want to know what air/fuel ratio my engine make the most power, so that's why I'd put it on a Dyno.
The mirror are Alum and have Talbot & Co Berlin stamped on top of them. I have a little under 500 in the both of them.

afssanders

Donation Time
Dialing in my timing and air/fuel ration

I made this video to show Barry at Racetech how my engine is running and the progression of my ECU program. He might be sending me a hall sensor after reviewing the footage. The engine isn't at 100% yet, but it's getting there, so I do understand my fuel is a bit rich here and there.

If you like the sound of a turbocharged engine winding up to 5 grand and then some you're going to love this video. I purposely made sure the sound was just right.

http://gallery.me.com/mnwheelers/100663

Enjoy

afssanders

Donation Time
Update

Barry at Racetech is writing up a new crank sensor position program for me, so that should clear up my misfire. I'm pretty sure it was taking place while advanced at BDC waist spark they call it. He usually just has people install a Hall sensor. Which would of worked with no troubles at all, but I really wanted to use all my factory sensor. I know why now he states on his website he doesn't cater to every manufacturers individual sensors.
I'm going with LEDs for my tail light illumination. 92 super bright 8mm (which I just got yesterday)for running and 50 1watt (still waiting for these)for blinker and brake.
I'm watching the kid today, so not too much getting done. Maybe I'll do a little CAD/CAM I have a couple more bezels to make and a bit of engraving for my heater controls.
I made some other goodies too, but havent gotten around to posting the pics yet. Soon. When the cigarette lighter comes and the piece is finished I will. Been waiting for over a month for that damn thing. Crazy slow post from England.

afssanders

Donation Time
I've had my share of trial and error in my life, but the CAD/CAM work is for maching parts. Mostly I think this poop up just before sleeping. I can get a pretty clear image then. I work out the details in my head before waisting too much time building. It also helps doing it that way if it's something I don't want to build. It makes it go quicker, then it not so bad. The mind is a very powerful tool.