• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Gorgeous day for a drive

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
With the temperature in Atlanta hitting the high 60's beneath blue skies, it was a great day for a top down cruise around town in the Airpine.

Yesterday I spotted a blue earlier series Alpine on nearby LaVista Road, which intensified the fever to drive.

Spring can't be far away....

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Alan, With the temperatures around 70 today in South Carolina I took Ole Blue out for about three hours and had a blast. Perfect weather for cruising!

Cheers,

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
wasn't it just the best weather ? Got the Blue(tc)beam back on the road! took the long drive around the block, we're just a few test drives away from goin' on the road.
tom j

Ron67Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
It was around 40* around here. Drove around the neighborhood looking for a place to take a couple of pictures w/a snow background.

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
It was around 40* around here. Drove around the neighborhood looking for a place to take a couple of pictures w/a snow background.

Did ya get any ? Alpine's with snow in the background ! !

Whose got any ?

Lets see 'em

tom j

Nickodell

Donation Time
The last but one snow fall broke the all-time record for snow in two consecutive winters, and we got 15" since then. And another foot or so is scheduled for Wednesday, followed by freezing rain and then rain. Mention global warming around here and you're likely to get an earful.

At least the horses seem to be enjoying it:

Horses2.jpg

Horses.jpg

65beam

Donation Time
gorgeous day

i made the trip to dayton today to pick up the series 4 rear end and found route 35 to be a very white road from all the salt on the road. i wouldn't want to take my cars out. freezing rain coming tonight.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The freezing rain is already in St. Louis. We are right on the dividing line between the big snow and the rain, so no telling what the next 48 hours is going to bring. But right now, the only Alpine I'd ever consider taking out on the road is the one mated to the S10 chassis. I sure hope they left the 4WD in.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I used to have to drive mine in all kinds of weather, since it was the only vehicle I had. Luckly I didn´t live in the midwest, but I still got to drive it in the snow in Seattle.

The weather here right now, is 80 degrees and clear skies, but I don´t have an Alpine to drive. Sniff. Sniff. WWAAAAAHHHH!!!

Jose

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Dang Oklahoma Weather

Saturday it was a record high of 75 degrees and I uncovered Vicki the Alpine got out the fibulator/jump start and brought her back to life. Took her to town got the mail and some groceries at Wally World then tucked her back in the garage. Today just 3 days later a record snow fall of 17.5" in Skiatook, temperature today balmy 12 degrees for a high, tonight down to 1 degree. I like snow days with Jim so it was nice today and tomorrow my office is closed again, so maybe Thursday I might be expected to return to work, but this depends on if we can get the driveway clear tomorrow! Hell has frozen over!

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
But Eddie, aren't you guy used to that much snow ??
Tom j

Anyone else got snowy Alpine pic's ?

Nickodell

Donation Time
Moved from Florida to Pennsylvania

August 15
Moved to a new home in PA. It's so beautiful here. The lake to the north looks so majestic. I can hardly wait to see it snow covered. I'm going to love it here.

October 14
Pennsylvania is definitely the most beautiful place on earth. There are so many experiences we never had down south. The leaves have turned all the colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through Valley Forge Park and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful animals on earth. This must be paradise, I LOVE IT HERE.

November 10
Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous animal, hope it will snow soon. I love it here. Those red and orange leaves have covered my yard. Looks like a magnificent multi-colored carpet. HOW BEAUTIFUL. Raking and cleaning up the yard will be an opportunity for invigorating exercise in the cool crisp air.

November 15
Ah, more leaves and more exercise.

November 18
Jesus, still more leaves. Guess it's best to wait until they've all fallen before I rake again.

November 25
Finally, all of the trees lost their leaves and today's final raking; it's over for this season. Chiropractor suggested I use a lawn maintenance service next year. Only four blisters became infected. Should probably remember to use gloves.

November 30
What the f--k? Where did all of those leaves come from? A little wind last night and the lawn is covered again. Oh well, they'll just have to wait until spring. Wonder if we'll get a white Christmas. We've never seen that in Florida.

December 12
It snowed last night, FINALLY. Woke up to find everything blanketed in white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. Had a snowball fight (I won) and when the snowplow came by and we had to shovel the end of the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I Love PA.

December 14
More snow last night, I love it. The snowplow did his trick to the driveway again. I Love it here.

December 19
More snow again last night. Can't get out of the driveway to get to work. I'm exhausted from shoveling. F---ing snowplow.

December 22
More of that white sh-t fell again last night. As if dealing with the leaves weren't bad enough, now I've got blisters all over my hands from shoveling, must remember to wear gloves. I think the snowplow hides around the corner and waits until I'm finished shoveling the driveway. The a--hole.

December 25. Merry Christmas.
More frigging snow. If I ever get my hands on that son-of-a-bitch who drives the snowplow I swear I'll kill the bastard. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the f---ing ice.

December 27
More white sh-t last night. Have been inside for three days except for shoveling out the driveway after that plow goes through every time. F---ing gloves got wet and then froze on my hands. Doctor said it was just a mild case of frostbite, disfiguration is probably only temporary. Can't go anywhere, car is stuck in a mountain of white sh-t. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches of the sh-t tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?

December 28
The f---ing weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches of that white sh-t. At this rate it won't melt 'till summer. The plow got stuck up the road and the bastard came to the door and asked to borrow a shovel. After I told him I'd already broken six of them shoveling all the sh-t he pushed into the driveway, I broke my last one on his f---ing head.

January 4
Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back I hit a damned deer that ran in front of my car. Did about $3000 damage. F---ing beast should be killed. Wish the hunters had killed them all last November.

January 12
More bloody snow. I can't get out of the house at all. Plow doesn't come any more.

January 22
Even more snow piled on the remains of the last lot. Down to the last three cans of beans. Tree loaded with frozen show and ice fell on the house and put a hole in the roof.

January 29
Power went out in the area. My generator ran out of gas and there's no way to get any as all the gas stations are out of power too. Sitting in front of a kerosene heater and using it to heat beans on top. $450 of food in the freezer just had to get thrown out into the yard. At least the raccoons will eat well.

February 1
Snow, rain, sleet, freezing rain. Fell over in the yard and broke my elbow. No mail or paper. Trash people won't come and I'm down to the last couple of gallons of heating oil. My ex-friend in Forida phoned to say how nice it was on the beach today. If she ever comes up here I'll kill her.

February 2 to April 1
Freeze, thaw, snow, rain, sleet, hailstones, freezing rain. Al Gore on TV saying the second record cold winter and snowfall are proof of global warming.

May 3
Took the car to the garage in town. The thing is rusting out from all the f---ing salt they put all over the roads.

May 10
Moved to The Villages in Florida. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever live in that God-forsaken state of Pennsylvania.

AlpineII

Donation Time
Unfortunately pretty used to it. You just deal with it. Got home tonight and the wife's car was on the road, she couldn't get into the driveway. Got it cleaned up enough with the snowblower to get both cars into the garages and I'll finish it up after dinner. But all in all we have missed the big bullets so far this year.;)

phatt

Donation Time
Snow

And in beautiful central California, sunshine and 60 degrees. We get our punishment in the summer and its 110 in the shade. I really admire all of you who live in snow country. I hate snow and I've never lived in it. I can stand in my front yard and see tons of the white stuff on the Sierra Nevada mountains. That's as close as I choose to get. I've been all over the U.S. in the summer and its all beautiful. People in Oklahoma are nicest people I have ever met. I used to spend parts of my summers at my grandfather's in Walters. Every where I have gone the people are great. I don't know why you don't all move to California--- O Yeah--- There's that government thing. Paul:cool: