• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

curved mirror

twospeed

Donation Time
My SIII has a curved mirror that mounts to the window frame. Looks original and mounts right where it should in the middle with the right screws.
Is this an original part? Very hard to see and judge cars from it.

alpine_64

Donation Time
The S3 and SIV had a small rectangular mirror with quite a heavy convex mirror, if thats what you mean by curved its probably the original.. can you post a pic?

howard

Donation Time
They're WONDERFUL mirrors- you get a very wide field of view for a small area, and when a honkin' big SUV pulls up in back of you at a stoplight at night you don't get blinded.

65beam

Donation Time
mirror

the magic word is that you can see when the car is at idle. any other time the vibration makes them unusable. i have switched mine to the later mirror with the rubber buffer .

howard

Donation Time
I've never had a problem with it vibrating. I'm guessing something's got to be loose in order for that to occur- either the mounting screws or the glass. The SV mirror had the rubber buffer that wedged against the windshield. I don't know if the 1792cc engine made so much more vibration than the 1592cc of a SIV... that's always a possibility.

agmason

Donation Time
I see your mirror is missing the plastic surround/fame like mine. Anyone make a replacement surround/frame?

65beam

Donation Time
mirror

since the mid 60's, i've talked to many folks that have had the vibration problem. trust me,nothing is loose on my cars. when i drove the harrington a lot in years past, i installed a series 5 mirror. anyone else have the vibration problem?