• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

roller rocker contact info...

mbruskin

Donation Time
The owners name is Jason and his phone number is (954) 920-3303. I am interested in your problem as I have a set of his roller rockers going on next week. How did you determine that you have a problem? The manufacturer is Harland Sharp in Ohio and their number is (440) 238-3260, ask for Mike. He is the head of tech and very good to deal with. I stopped there on the way home from the Maine show to swap out the 1.5 ratio rockers for 1.4 ratio. I had called him the week before and he swapped them with no hassle. Then he gave me a tour.

Murray

Mike snyder

Donation Time
So here is what is going on. The rocker arm shaft is .685 Dia. The opening in the roller rocker is .626. This gives me a difference of .042 which is about half the thickness of the oilite bearing. I am trying to figure out if I have the wrong roller rockers, or the wrong bearing, or if they need to be reamed out. Thanks for the contact info!
Mike Snyder

RootesRacer

Donation Time
So here is what is going on. The rocker arm shaft is .685 Dia. The opening in the roller rocker is .626. This gives me a difference of .042 which is about half the thickness of the oilite bearing. I am trying to figure out if I have the wrong roller rockers, or the wrong bearing, or if they need to be reamed out. Thanks for the contact info!
Mike Snyder

Let us know how it all ends up.

Some of us have been considering them, but such a problem is not promising.

Mike snyder

Donation Time
This all ended very well. I contacted Mike at Harland Sharp and apparently several sets got sent out without the final reaming having been done. He was very helpful and swapped them out for a finished set. In the mean time the E-bay shop contacted me and said I could send them back to them or to Harland Sharp. So now they are assembled and bagged up waiting for my head to come back from getting the Vizzard mods. done.
Michael Snyder

RootesRacer

Donation Time
This all ended very well. I contacted Mike at Harland Sharp and apparently several sets got sent out without the final reaming having been done. He was very helpful and swapped them out for a finished set. In the mean time the E-bay shop contacted me and said I could send them back to them or to Harland Sharp. So now they are assembled and bagged up waiting for my head to come back from getting the Vizzard mods. done.
Michael Snyder

Sounds good, but let us know how they work out on a running engine...