• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by woodybap

1. woodybap

Hood pins

Lastly I think, which size did you use?
  2. woodybap

Hood pins

Great! If not too much trouble, can you send a few more photos [channel, underside]. Thanks.
  3. woodybap

Hood pins

This there a specific hood location that you have used?
  4. woodybap

Dashboard Removal

So far, my search has not lead to a wooden dash for an S1. On my existing dash, the mounting brackets for the heater and air are molded right into the dash. Have you any idea how guys are fastening those control levers to the flat wood dashboards?
  5. woodybap

Dashboard Removal

Spent most of yesterday removing the dash. Phew! Hope to work on testing and/or replacing wires in the next couple of weeks. In the meanwhile, I have questions about replacing or refinishing the dash. It is an S1. If I get one of those burled wood jobs, how do you reconnect the heater and...
  6. woodybap

Hood pins

Looking for recommendations on hood pins [preferably locking] that would work on an S1 in lieu of the standard bonnet latching system.
  7. woodybap

Dashboard Removal

Time to tackle ongoing electric issues. I never did get the temperature gauge to work and I am constantly blowing fuses as I try to work on it. Also, the heater motor is not working. The space under and behind the dash is difficult to see and work on. I figure that it would be easily to...
  8. woodybap

Hub Puller Needed - Denver area

Used the free loan at AutoZone for their 7 ton puller and it worked well.
  9. woodybap

Car Cover / Storage Bag / Mouse Proof

For various reasons it is time for me to plan for the off-season from working on the Alpine. Our Sheltered in Place location requires that the car be stored outside. The mice here love to shelter as well, usually in cars where they are warmer and can snack on wiring. Any recommendations for a...
  10. woodybap

Block Off Plate - Fuel Pump

Your Block plate received and installed. Thanks.
  11. woodybap

Clean Zenith carb filters or just move on?

My mongrel has Zenith WIP-36 carbs on a 1725 engine. The gauze filters are filthy. Looking for suggestions on the best way to clean the filters. Also wondering whether swapping out the carbs for something better suited to the 1725 is a worthwhile endeavor. There is no issue about keeping...
  12. woodybap

Temp Sender & Gauge

Thanks all but do not need a reply right now. Found the great info I had previously been sent and that helped a lot. Sorry for the confusion.
  13. woodybap

Temp Sender & Gauge

OK, put in new S1 type sender but no glory. At startup the gauge is all the way to the left. When the engine is completely warmed up the needle has only moved about 2 needle widths to the right. I bypassed the wire from the sender to the gauge but got the same result. Wiring issue? There...
  14. woodybap

Temp Sender & Gauge

That's my gal. Do you think an S1-2 sender will work with it?
  15. woodybap

Temp Sender & Gauge

Bingo!! Temp = TC4304/05 Fuel = FG2331/03