• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by wipeout

1. wipeout

62 For Sale

Does anyone know this car? http://www.autotraderclassics.com/classic-car/1962-Sunbeam-Alpine-1430304.xhtml :)
  2. wipeout

Ser II Alpine for sale

Damn....I've been working the wife all week.... Glad you get to keep it and I do hope that all your finances work out. A lot of us are in the same boat. but if the opportunity arises again....I'll be stalking it ;)
  3. wipeout

Ser II Alpine for sale

Can't do the second until I refi the first. After that...all I have to do is send the family away to a safe place...draw a home equity line...get the car...fake my death...store the car until the insurance pays off....pay off the second...change my name and reunite with the family.... It...
  4. wipeout

Ser II Alpine for sale

This car was my desktop picture for a very long time. I've always considered it the best SII ever redone. Many times I've fantasized about buying it when the owner was crazy enough to sell it....and now that I have my chance...I have no means to do so. I certainly hope that this beauty...
  5. wipeout

Project Sunbeam For Sale

Okay....how would you like three wonderful children and a new company truck? :D
  6. wipeout

Project Sunbeam For Sale

I just went back through all your pics.... no one has enough money to pay for this vehicle... truthfully...I'd take this over any car I can think of... damn...why wasn't I born a Rothchild... =p
  7. wipeout

Sebring Alpine heading back to Florida

I'm just a couple of hours away also.....hmmm....sounds like a grand old time, maybe I could sneak in with Mike? Congratulations on the two races....fifty years....no doubt you're Hall of Fame stuff...I'd love to be there.:)
  8. wipeout

Project Sunbeam For Sale

All the better then...;)
  9. wipeout

Project Sunbeam For Sale

Argh....what madness is this? This is, by far, the best mod I've ever seen on a finned beauty. My all time favorite build to follow. The artistry that you put in this wonderful car has always blown my mind. I've sent your picture links to all my gear head friends and they agree that this car...
  10. wipeout

SEMA show Alpine

I'm with Bill on this one. That is gawd awful. I think they were hoping to turn it into a boat. It's got a boat cockpit and a boat paint job. They should be launching that thing at the river below Lake Havasu for the high school break. Park it right next to the stage for the wet t-shirt...
  11. wipeout

January 2013

definitely worth a thousand words
  12. wipeout

The VOLT fraud

feh.... stupid idea for a non issue. If people want them, build them. Good luck Government Motors I hope the Volt helps you pay back those screwed over bond holders. Let the free market determine it's success. As Bill so aptly pointed out, bad ideas don't last long in the sphere of...
  13. wipeout

chickens have come home to roost

LMFAO.... Government Motors is union busting...gee...who would have thunk it? This fits in very well with Andy Sterns view of globalism in the work force. You see, there is no way in hell the global market is going to bring the world unions into compliance or "fairness" by raising workers...
  14. wipeout

Not sure if I want to do this! "For Sale"

Another glorious S3 gets passed around. I hope it stays in the SAOCA family. I'd love to own her, but so many of us are in the same boat. :( Speaking of boat, would shrink wrapping (as they do with boats up north) help the car weather the storms, so to speak?