• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by windlessdog

1. W

Clutch won't disengage

I think you may have a pilot bearing issue, it doesnt take much to to keep the shaft spinning which in turn will cause shift issues
  2. W

Door hinge renew

I hand drilled my pins stepping up in size after my pilot hole leaving a small amount of the pin then used heat and punches to pop the last part out, but as Jan said if you can do it in a Mill it would be a lot easier and less chance of damage.
  3. W

Original Brake Disc Series II needed

I'm draging this one out of the dusty archive to see if anyone has a solid answer to the later series discs being machined down in diameter and fitting the series 1,2 hubs cheers Andy
  4. W

1725 Camshaft Question

https://www.oldmarineengine.com/discus/messages/2/10067.html Engine like the alloy head motor would normally be fitted with a heat exchanger
  5. W

1725 Camshaft Question

You might have answered your own question by revealing its a boat engine camshaft , marine Cams are generally ground to produce the Most Torque, at the Lowest possible rpms.
  6. W

Potential Buyer of a '66 Alpine

Have a look at this Sunbeam blog for an idea of what the car may or may not be like once you start your resto work it can be definitely be daunting but this project just keeps marching forward and shows you what can be done good luck and I'm in the 1 K camp as well...
  7. W

Rootes racing at its heart

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wetherill-park/cars-vans-utes/jwf-milano-race-car/1301885027
  8. W

Sunbeam Super Minx wagon

Only the front doors and roof are different by memory , I had one of each in the eighties I loved my Super Minx wagon but I surfed and windsurfed and the salt water eventually ate the car, yours is an absolute beauty also the same colour as mine was cheers Andy
  9. W

1962 SII restpraton complete

Yep just like a few people above I've wondered how the hard top would look in white or matching the rest of the body and I must say it looks fantastic in the body colour , you've done a great job.
  10. W

Floor pan

Thanks Wayne for the pic in an earlier post, I've had a great time banging away in the shed with the hammers and dollys ( don't think the neighbour agrees) and I've knocked these ISO floor pans up, still a bit of work to do. Cheers Andy
  11. W

Floor pans in plan

I had a practice go at knocking up a floor pan for the left side , it's in complete and most likely incorrect as I still don't have a lot of info on the originals but I'm curing my boredom if anyone has the blueprint mentioned above they could share that would be great Cheers Andy
  12. W

Floor pans in plan

That would be great Michael I'm keen to make some for the car during the stage 4 lockdown for next 6 weeks and if I can beat out new floors it will help with the frustration of not being able to do all of life's normal stuff.
  13. W

Floor pans in plan

Gday to all I'm curious as to wether anyone has done a detailed plan with measurements etc of the Alpines front floors , this would be really useful for owners like myself that only have half a floor to work from and currently no access to a clean original car to do my own. Cheers Andy
  14. W

Rounded corner hood bonnet

I'm on the Mornington peninsula Michael and I've got a series 1 that I've had for 20 + years but it been in storage for the last 16 years but that time has come to get her up and running again.
  15. W

Rounded corner hood bonnet

If only that hood was in Oz , that looks brand new compared to mine.