• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by weaselkeeper

1. weaselkeeper

The Journey Begins - Series I V6 Restomod

Beautiful Bill
  2. weaselkeeper

100LL AV Gas

Well, I’ve been watching this thread from the sidelines and should probably stay there, but Oh Well. So, in the name of TMI…. I won’t critique anyone who wants to go thru the trouble of getting 100LL in their car tank. Their business, not mine. BUT, there are other octane additives out there...
  3. weaselkeeper

I was fortunate enough to spend a little of Bill's time yesterday to invade his space and walk around his Sunbeam. Beautiful work! I admire his worksmanship. His build experience really shines. My intent was to generate a little self-motivation to get back to work on mine and Bill fully...
  4. weaselkeeper

Now I'm in for it.

Beautiful!
  5. weaselkeeper

What carb are you running on a 2bbl V6?

I don't have your setup, but if the idea is to retain this setup, perhaps experimenting with different jets/metering rods can help. I'm assuming that timing is correct and vacuum systems are correct and not leaking. Let us know what you find.
  6. weaselkeeper

rust

Just reviewed the pics of your project. Today, I quit whining. Good job saving a car.
  7. weaselkeeper

Facts I didn't need

Can't help it...gotta jump in. My wife and I both tested positive at the beginning of April. I got sick in early March. Had headache, ear ache, very mean sore throat, body aches and no energy at all. Fever for one day only. Called the hospital to query about testing. They asked...
  8. weaselkeeper

Parts sources

Dan. It's a vintage air Gen II heater with defrost. No. 506101
  9. weaselkeeper

Ford 2.8 engine build questions

Bill. Not sure if you have a favorite machinist, but Meridian Auto (across from Meridian Speedway) did mine. They have some experience working "non-stock" engines. I gave them the pile of parts and told them what I wanted. I"m happy with what they did. I used Duraspark/Holley...
  10. weaselkeeper

Parts sources

Charles: I didn't get to fly, but worked on F-4s, F-111s and A-10s so others could fly. I did manage find my way into the back seat of F-4s a couple of times however. I did deploy to SWA several times in support of Southern Watch and Northern Watch , Iraqi freedom later. To keep this...
  11. weaselkeeper

Parts sources

All well here Dan, thanks. Been working half days (if you call flying work), so its given me time to get current with the welder again and work on the pine body. I want to see it in paint by the end of the year and that's doable. I troll your project now and then and you give me ideas and...
  12. weaselkeeper

Parts sources

Here's my solution for the cowl vent issue. Nearly every component in my original system was rusty crap, except the deteriorated rubber components. I removed the old heater /heat core/valve system and am using a vintage air system that does not pull air from the vents anyway. The heater...
  13. weaselkeeper

K. I'm going to quit complaining after seeing your pics Had replace all horizontal flooring from firewall to trunck latch, but little other damage to repair. No surprise from an Oregon car. Am currently making patches to replace/fill the leaded seams.. lead was failing
  14. weaselkeeper

Civic Seats

CUP HOLDERS! That's what I'm missing! Nice work.
  15. weaselkeeper

MOCK up for Heat & Air

Dan. I tucked the vintage air heater valve in the hole where the OE heater core came from. They have some nice bulkhead fittings for the pass thru to the engine bay. See firewall. Not excited about the plastics control panel though. Might have to make a change... it never ends.