• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by v13311

1. v13311

Series V Clutch Cover

Volvoguys, how about letting all of our members know of the source.
  2. v13311

Windshield

Not interested in used. I knew that SS is planning to manufacture, but they said this a year ago. I also know that you can purchase from European countries for 'mucho' bucks and shipping. I 've also contacted Pilkington and they seem to have no plans. Mine is still serviceable but it's...
  3. v13311

Windshield

Has anyone purchased a new Series, III, IV, or V windshield lately. If so, where ? and cost? Please.
  4. v13311

Current Term is up for the Board

Continue on please.
  5. v13311

Reliable mechanic to replace transmission

You might want to give Brooklands British Car in Tacoma a call. They have been around a long time. 253-584-2033
  6. v13311

NSW if you're a LBC fan

I thought that this video was hilarious. Electric shocks, engine fires, "I wouldn't recommend this, but........................? , "Boy, that got hot fast"! "It doesn't like gas", securing parts faster that one could walk to another state rather than get them through the mail, etc. etc. But...
  7. v13311

Adjustable Nuts for Windshield

Yes, I have made that call. Twice. The first time was right after the purchase of VB parts. At that time, they said that Sunbeam parts were definitely in their future plans. When I didn't see any action for months I called again. At that time they were very non-committal which was...
  8. v13311

I would think that this situation is close to an emergency for all Sunbeam owners. Someone needs to get on this and deal with this. After all, none of us can drive without a windshield.
  9. v13311

Windshield nuts are great. But maybe I'm all wet here but where are you going to purchase a windshield? Rick and C. Sunbeam don't sell them any more. VB is history and Moss has not committed to sell Sunbeam parts. I understand that Pilkington will need an order for 50 for Series 3 through 5...
  10. v13311

Windscreens for SI-II (Pilkington windscreens)

Rip off compared to what VB charged. And they made their percentage off of what they charged.
  11. v13311

Windscreens for SI-II (Pilkington windscreens)

I would have thought by now that Moss had sifted through the VB inventory and had checked on the windshield supply. But no....and there are still no plans to get into the Sunbeam business, even though they "promised". Lack of windshields is going to be a major problem for us.
  12. v13311

Runs great for 30 minutes then not so well

They are "not so smart" if the spring mechanism doesn't work for any reason. Mainly corrosion is the culprit I always spray a little WD 40 into the tiny hole on the spring mechanism, and then push in and out many times to lubricate the inside of the cap. Had many overflows of gas on a hot day...
  13. v13311

SV whining at ignition

Or try this. Jack up the front of the car and safely secure it. Slide your body underneath the clutch and have a can of WD 40 with a 'straw' attached. Spray the heck out of the bendix and the shaft. You might need a flashlight to see. Don't spare on the WD 40. Lower car, then try to start...
  14. v13311

Clock for an Alpine

Take a look at this. You can order various font styles https://www.speedhut.com/gauge/GCJ258-CLOCK-01/28/CJ-Clock
  15. v13311

Need Stromberg Experts!

I spliced in a cheap plastic see-through fuel filter just in front of my fuel pump. I had the same symptoms as you. After installation you could see the paint flakes gathering in the filter. After installation, no more problems. WIX 30002 or its equivalent (Fram, Carquest, etc.)