• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by tony perrett

1. tony perrett

Alpine Kids

A couple of hours ago I took my grandson to his School Prom in the Alpine. One of the parents called out to me "The best car I've seen all evening" which was quite a complement as there was at least one Lamborghini.
  2. tony perrett

Most Beautiful Alpine Model

Rock 'n' Roll classics.
  3. tony perrett

Separating Brake Calipers

I wouldn't use compressed air. Replace the bleed screw with a grease nipple and use a decent grease gun to force the piston out.
  4. tony perrett

A Sunbeam…but not an Alpine

The quilted trim makes it a Series 3.
  5. tony perrett

Christmas Present for Alpine Owner

A tow-rope.
  6. tony perrett

A note to our UK Members

Mr President, thank you for your kind words and thoughts at this very sad time.
  7. tony perrett

Installing a BW35 automatic in a series III

We have a Series 4 GT with the BW35 gearbox - I don't know if it was ever confirmed how many automatic Alpines were made. They are not common here in UK and I think that most went to US.
  8. tony perrett

Classic car meet UK.

Close to where I live we have a monthly Classic Car and Bike Meet through the summer. Last week, vehicles were filmed leaving the Show and this may be of interest to you guys across the pond. Go to YouTube and enter Earls Barton Classic Car Meeting 6 July 2022 in the search box. My 1964 GT can...
  9. tony perrett

Lucas

Hi, Nick, still hanging in there and Alpining whenever our English weather permits. Hope that all is well with you.
  10. tony perrett

Lucas

Funny you should say that. Joseph Lucas in conjunction with the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham did in fact produce a Pacemaker between 1960 and 1970.
  11. tony perrett

Engine block clean out

From my experience, much of the material found in the block is not residue but sand used in the casting process. This is why normal flushing agents are of no use. I made the mistake of not replacing the core plugs when the engine was out of the car and had to do the job later. The one at the...
  12. tony perrett

Rubber hood prop holder too loose

Slip a piece of plastic or rubber tubing on the strut to increase the diameter.
  13. tony perrett

Push Rod Cover and Gasket

The screws are often over-tightened causing the metal around the holes to dimple. The metal should be dressed to ensure that the mating surfaces are as flat as possible. Silicone rubber gaskets are available, which I haven't tried, but probably make a better seal.
  14. tony perrett

Clear Hooter Horn Rebuild

It is possible to drill out the rivets and open the horn to allow you to check for corrosion. If it is U/S anyway, you have nothing to lose.
  15. tony perrett

Cold valve adjustment

I have seen recommendations for inlet .015" and exhaust .017" cold.