• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Tom13

1. T

Weber 40 DCOE mods for more flow

Hi, a friend of mine is selling a tuning set with Lynx manifold, headers, Weber 45 DCOE, the matching levers, valve cover with CNC milled inscription, the required gaskets and a freely programmable distributor from 123 Ignition. The ignition timing can therefore be set via the PC. The set was...
  2. T

Tube shock set up proper (Finally) Series 1

I have already written a few posts about my modifications. What is of interest to you ? I still have an adjustable camshaft gear to adjust the camshaft on the engine. There is also the matching aluminum housing with removable cover to adjust the timing without opening the engine. Maybe a...
  3. T

.. yes , this is a Watt Linkage that I have also been using for many years. The rear of the vehicle remains absolutely stable in the curve
  4. T

... similar design with Spax Shocks, but requires welding on the frame. Works for many years without problems.
  5. T

How much do you drive?

Aladin, just get in touch when you have time and with a little luck we can meet. If not this year then maybe in the time while you are in the UK. You are welcome. Brian, I really hope you will find your way to Saarbrücken. And now I am waiting for a friend to join me in the UK for the Sunbeam...
  6. T

How much do you drive?

Hello, I live in Saarbrücken, near the French border and about 120 miles from Frankfurt / Main. Should you have time I look forward to your visit Tom
  7. T

How much do you drive?

Hi Brian, it's been ages since I've heard from you. I thought you had given up the Alpine hobby? Should you ever visit Germany again you are of course invited to a barbecue and a small small - or large - beer with me. Your question, My tuned engine has now since 2014 about 16000 km on the...
  8. T

Modern Hydraulic Clutch slave

Yes, there is a aluminum spacer between the slave cylinder and the pressure plate. This can be seen in the first two pictures. If necessary, I can send you a drawing as a PDF, but the height should be adapted to your clutch.
  9. T

Modern Hydraulic Clutch slave

The slave cylinder can also be used for the stock Alpine transmission. The aluminum intermediate plate must be adjusted in length so that the slave cylinder has a small clearance. This one here is the matching...
  10. T

#21 Stetina Lightened flywheel

... yes , as already mentioned the Bellhousing comes from Dellow Automotiv Australia. I have found old documents with the prices at that time. These should certainly be much higher today.
  11. T

... good morning Bernd, nice to read from you. We had no contact for a long time. But we will see each other for sure in UK or at the latest at the Sunbeam meeting in Hof. For the others here: If anyone is interested in the dimensions for the flywheel I can post a drawing with all the...
  12. T

I wasn't sure of the weight of the flywheel and went to the garage to reweigh. Without starter ring gear I come to 4.3 kg plus about 1 kg for the gear. I still planned for safety in the design. I would without hesitation the flywheel ( C45 Steel ) at some points still facilitate. The...
  13. T

....the mounting and the coupling surface are certainly designed as shown here in the pictures. This flywheel is with 5.7 kg a lot lighter than the original flywheel. It was made to use a Toypta clutch on a 5 speed Toyota transmission. The matching bellhousing came from Dellow Automotis in...
  14. T

New School Custom Pistons

I found the drawing on paper immediately. The PDF file should be on my other PC. I will look t here tomorrow. But back to my question. What do you do in the States to tune the engines ? Is 160 - 170 HP really possible ? Even with big valves, CNC machined Cc , Race Cam , machined ports...
  15. T

New School Custom Pistons

@alpine_64 The combustion chamber is tapered by 4° towards the valves. Of course, it is not machined exactly according to Vizard, but it roughly takes the shape. However, it seems to work ? The engine runs really well in conjunction with all the other modifications. Dan, I will check if...