• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by todd reid

1. todd reid

Oil Pressure Relief Valve Mods

Tiger Tom had an update that made the OPRV adjustable. I can probably dig that out of my files if you can't find it.
  2. todd reid

Frustrated!

spraying with carb cleaner or brake cleaner will often help locate a vacuum leak - if that is in fact your problem. Several Utube videos available on the subject.
  3. todd reid

Brake Master Cylinder Return Spring

have you considered that the seals in the master might have swelled and thus need more return force than the spring can supply? just a thought.
  4. todd reid

Brakes long pedal

I have done it myself with an appropriately sized 2x4 holding the pedal down, but a helper is the preferred method/
  5. todd reid

Slave Cylinder

I believe there are documented cases of DOT3 fluid attacking the rubber seals in Sunbeam hydraulic systems, so DOT4 would be the way to go.
  6. todd reid

Hardtop color?

I would vote for red (body color), of course the is an old saying about opinions.....
  7. todd reid

Alpine series 2 brakes

As you are probably aware, later Series Alpines and Tigers used a remote servo. Their mounting locations were different. If you google underhood pictures you should see examples of where they were placed. I have personally put a servo in both locations in conjunction with a V6, so they should...
  8. todd reid

Series 2 Ford 4.0 swap info

I have seen pictures of two completed Alpines with 4.0s installed. The orange one, which was done years ago, used Ford's injection and computer, was converted to rack & pinion steering, and did have a hood scoop. IIRC the guy who did the orange one was from Canada? There was also a blue one - I...
  9. todd reid

Now I'm in for it.

As I recall you are very tall. Keep in mind that the closer the wheel is to your chest, the more room for your knees. Obviously it is possible to take it too far. TR
  10. todd reid

1725 Camshaft Question

so your theory is he didn't have enough power to get out of 2nd gear?
  11. todd reid

1725 Camshaft Question

Tim, Glad your car is running better. I don't understand how your speed to rpm relationship could change if all that changed was the cam.
  12. todd reid

Steering toe-in ?

My old mechanic always put two hundred pounds on the drivers floor to mimic the weight of the driver before doing an alignment.
  13. todd reid

Title and id tag for an S2 alpine

I believe I have a title and id plate from a series IV. Not sure if that would work or not. TR
  14. todd reid

Turn Signal Issue

The "really bright" effect could be caused by energizing the brake bulb. I have personally experienced some pretty funky stuff when the intended ground wasn't good and the electricity sought other paths to ground. Rule #1 - regardless of what your prior experience is telling you - check the...