• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by sunny67

1. sunny67

Dashboard switch installation

Thanks Mike. I now have one heading my way.
  2. sunny67

Dashboard switch installation

Is there a special tool or technique to tightening the slotted nuts on the dashboard switches? Every time I try a flat blade screwdriver, it slips out of the slot and scratches the dash. I just finished restoring the dash and I’m afraid to install the switches.
  3. sunny67

Heater/vent question

Thanks everyone. This is a big help.
  4. sunny67

Heater/vent question

Does anyone have pictures of their under dash heater and vent installation? The PO removed everything and blocked the holes. I’m trying to reinstall. I believe I know where all the components in the picture go but conformation pictures would help. I particularly need to know where all the...
  5. sunny67

Dash rebuild question

Thanks all for the info provided. Very helpful.
  6. sunny67

Dash rebuild question

Unfortunately I never met the PO. I bought the Sunbeam from the man’s estate. I’m not sure what harness was installed. I included a photo but it probably doesn’t do any good. I’m familiar with American Autowire and I don’t think this is there’s. As you can see in the other photo, the engine is...
  7. sunny67

Dash rebuild question

My S5 came with an ugly dash. The PO no longer had the original but I was able to source 2 fully gauged dashes. I’m trying my hand at laminating walnut to one. Between the two dashes, I believe I have a complete set of working gauges and 3 out of 4 switches. The panel switch will need to be...
  8. sunny67

Center wheel cap

Does anyone have an idea where I can get center wheel caps for these wheels. I can’t find any caps this small.
  9. sunny67

Emblem and letter locations

Excellent. Thanks.
  10. sunny67

Emblem and letter locations

I purchased an 67 Alpine that had all the emblems and letters removed from the body and all hole filled and painted over. I have a complete set of new letters and emblems that I would like to install. I just need to know where to put them. Does anyone know where I can get templates of hole...
  11. sunny67

Steering box oil question

How do I check the oil level in the steering box and what type/weight oil or grease should be used. I’ve tried various searches on this forum with not luck.
  12. sunny67

1725 Usable Head?

Please provide us with a description of a vizard mod. I’m in a similar boat as mxp01.
  13. sunny67

2 pin electrical socket on the left(driver side) of a 1725 engine.

Sorry, no better response than hdar5702 but was wondering how you like the starter.
  14. sunny67

Starter question

I have a very tired ‘67 Alpine that runs about 100 lbs of compression per cylinder. As a result, it’s very hard to start. What makes it harder is the starter disengages and spins freely as soon as the engine pops but the engines still needs more help from the starter before running on its own. I...
  15. sunny67

Another clutch question

I’m doing a follow-up reply to my own post so if anyone has a similar issue in the future, they will see my resolution. It turns out that the existing clutch master cylinder had a 3/4” bore instead of a 5/8”. As a result, when the pedal is pressed, an higher volume of oil is transferred to the...