• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Steeman01

1. Steeman01

DGV Settings

Thanks so far for the comments! @nsbluenose, I just checked and my Weber is Primary - 55 and Secondary - 50. So based on @pruyter's comment about the intake, I am running a SIV intake manifold, which might need bigger jets, based on lost efficiency, so I am curious as to what manifold you are...
  2. Steeman01

DGV Settings

3. Steeman01

S3 & SV parts

Upper and/or lower dash pads from the SV? How are the seats from the SV?
  4. Steeman01

Thinking of selling....

Hey @wantasunbeam, yes, I have every receipt for everything and every part I bought as well as an Excel spreadsheet where I have it all listed and the price/cost spelled out as well and hundreds of photos.
  5. Steeman01

Thinking of selling....

Hey @wantasunbeam, I live in So Cal (Orange County).
  6. Steeman01

Thinking of selling....

Bingo! @Aladin Sane Nah, either a classic sedan or wagon...
  7. Steeman01

Thinking of selling....

Thanks @junkman, good point about being a soft market for Alpines at the moment. I would imagine, Spring would help with better sales as well. I have been leaning towards just doing the interior and roof and enjoy for another year... Maybe that's whats in the cards... I was just looking to...
  8. Steeman01

Thinking of selling....

@junkman here are some pics from about a year ago, with the top up.... I do have a brand new seal for the top where it meets the windshield as well. Thanks.
  9. Steeman01

Thinking of selling....

@junkman , it is a 2nd paint... Decent. The top is okay, aged original one. The mileage is 47k. I will post a pick with the top up later today when I get home.
  10. Steeman01

Thinking of selling....

Hey Everyone... So I have come to a cross roads with Sunny.... my SV Alpine. It is a 1966. I bought for a couple of reasons, 1) pandemic project, 2) Get this cool little car on the road again (had sat since the '70's). So it needed a lot of love. Below is a list of the major items I can recall...
  11. Steeman01

TDC Question

Whew! Thank you @Alsp!! I thought I was losing my mind! I'll be calling SS tomorrow and ordering the part!
  12. Steeman01

TDC Question

Hey everyone, So I am confused as to where my indicator is showing TDC to be in reference to the markings on the crankshaft pulley. According to the Rootes workshop manual I have, the largest and first marking is TDC (see photo attached). However, I got the car running fairly well but was...
  13. Steeman01

Getting Fuel Compression Adaptor Fitting Back on Fuel Line

Hey all, so yeah, not sure what I was thinking trying to reuse a "compression fitting", in hind sight, it is quiet stupid. Nevertheless, I got the right size NEW compression sleeve, a 5/16" sleeve, and all went perfectly from there... Thanks to everyone and apologies for the bonehead...
  14. Steeman01

Thanks everyone! I am gonna use a pipe cutter to trim a clean edge and get a new ferrule! I'll let ya know how it goes! SP
  15. Steeman01

Hey @Bill Blue, it very well could be (as I am the 3rd owner), but it looked untouched (which really means nothing). I have found little funky things here and there as I work on this SV.