• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Steelerfan

1. S

Selling 1967 Alpine Series V

Selling my 1967 Alpine. 53600 miles, thunderbird blue, rebuilt gearbox, new starter, ignition, battery, servo and much more. Soft top like new. Located in Pittsburgh, PA area. Very good condition. $13,900, negotiable.
  2. S

Girl in need of a helping hand

Are there any backyard mechanics out there in the Cranberry Twp, PA area who can help me fix a problem with my 1967 Alpine Series V? The driver's side door will not open, either from the inside or the outside. The door still locks when you push the inside handle all the way down, and unlocks...
  3. S

Bumper Anyone

I'm having problems navigating this site, so I'm just throwing this out there in hopes that someone can give me an answer. I'm looking for the name of the company, in Cali I think, that sells Sunbeam parts. I thought it was simply sunbeam, but that takes me to toasters and mixers. I know...
  4. S

67 SV sun visors

Michael, do you have a website for sunbeam specialties? I've tried www.sunbeamspecialties.com but it doesn't seem to be working.
  5. S

67 SV sun visors

I had a Brand new 67 alpine back in the day with the hard top. I seem to remember having to remove, or at least turn out of the way, the visors to install and remove the hard top. That was 49 years ago, so memory may be failing me.
  6. S

67 SV sun visors

Looking for a set of sun visors for my 67 SV Diane
  7. S

Parts search

I have a 67 alpine, series v. I'm looking for upper rocker arms to correct a steering issue. I was told by my mechanic that there are upper and lower rocker arms, and they make a kit for the lower ones, but not the upper ones. I may be way off base here, since I'm no mechanic. I also have...
  8. S

67 Alpine problems

Should I be posting this in another forum?
  9. S

67 Alpine problems

Ok, with the car off, the brake pedal travels a short distance and then gets rock hard. That's good, right? I'm going to email the seller to see if he knows the brand of brake fluid. He only had the car for a year, and may have bought it from the guy who restored it. I also need to ask him...
  10. S

67 Alpine problems

I guess I made a mistake in saying the brake pedal went to the floor. What I actually meant is that I've got it pressed in as far as it will possibly go....but it doesn't go to the floor. On a brighter note, I took her out for a spin today and I love it. She's got some issues, but for...
  11. S

67 Alpine problems

Tell me if this is normal... My driveway is sloped back, not real steep , but a definite incline. While backing her out of the garage in reverse, and attempting to stop, clutch in, I have the brake pedal to the floor, and she keeps rolling. I have to use the hand brake to stop. I'm assuming...
  12. S

67 Alpine problems

Wow, thanks everybody! Like I said, I'm no mechanic and don't think dyi will work for me. If I can't find a local mechanic (read someone who will work on their own time), I'll probably have to take it to a garage. We have 2 locally, so I have some options. Btw, issue with seat back has been...
  13. S

67 Alpine problems

I just purchased a 67 Alpine, and I'm having some issues. Apparently the guy who restored it bypassed the brake "booster." I'm no mechanic, but I'd like to know how hard a fix it is, and if it's expensive to have done. I'm also having problems with the driver's seat. It reclined all on it's...
  14. S

Photos from United

I'm a real newbie to the site, and I'm trying to figure out how to post a question to the forum. Maybe you can help me. I just bought a restored 67 Alpine, not in the best shape. Seller said the brake "booster" had been bypassed. The brakes are atrocious....so bad I'm afraid to drive the...