• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by spmdr

1. spmdr

Oil Pressure Relief Valve Mods

This could go in the Stock world.... but NEEDS to be done to a Race Engine. In the past, there has been quite a bit of discussion about the problems with the Alpine engine Oil Pressure Relief Valve. Here is one thread...
  2. spmdr

"Weekend Racer" Alpine Back running!

Looking at the Dyno results reminds me of another possible weak link. The questionable valve springs. I have my sights on some "Racing" VW springs to inspect. What are Youall using? DW
  3. spmdr

A-Arm Bushing FAILURE

Here is one example of a lower pin compared with stock. I have used different material shapes and dimensions, over the years. Bushings were made from Delrin. Unlike the stock pins, I don't know of anyone who has broken any I have made. DW
  4. spmdr

A-Arm Bushing FAILURE

Back when I was rebuilding Street car front ends (1990s) , ALL of the parts were inconsistent, in availablity AND Quality. With the Race cars, I made over-sized lower Fulcrum pins and custom Bushings. Through the years, the available A-Arm Bushings that I found have Still been less than OEM...
  5. spmdr

Diff oil

MK, On behalf of the syn cartel, just what do you have on them? :) ....or They on U.... :) DW
  6. spmdr

Hardtop color?

I painted Marie's Alpine Top body color for these reasons: -I live in So Cal, It gets HOT, Black is Hotter! -I painted the car, painting the Top at the same time also insures a matching color. -I can paint it Black any time, and not worry about color match. -Black is a pain to keep clean. DW
  7. spmdr

Alpine Chassis Dyno pulls

Easier to see. MPH instead of RPM.
  8. spmdr

The current engine is Alcala's second 1725. With the recent MSD 6AL box, it has the "soft touch" rev limiter that drops alternate cylinders and sounds like a miss. Even though at a low RPM, that is what it sounded like on the first pull. ...but was not the rev limiter. I had let the Alpine...
  9. spmdr

belmateo, YUP! when I saw the timing jumping around with the Pertronix, I would have loved going to a crank trigger.... But then I keep telling myself, VINTAGE. Funny thing, these days, MSD IS knocking on Vintage status.... Recent Dyno stuff here...
  10. spmdr

The Tiger Club (CAT) found a New Chassis Dyno place. I took the WR Alpine to their new location. It turns out the new location has a very recent NEW Dyno, it is only 2 years old. Both old and new Dyno shops use DynoJet Dynos So, in theory, all should be good... The first car on the Dyno...
  11. spmdr

I finally put the MSD 6AL ignition box and Blaster 2 coil on the WR Alpine. I used a Lucas 41814A 45DM4 mag pickup distributor (MGB 1977+) to trigger it. I bench tested all the used parts before installing. I started the Alpine to find the Advance curve was WAY too wide. I dismembered the...
  12. spmdr

Alpine Innovations Weber Carb Conversion

65+ year old Zenith carbs, what's not to like? (try to keep the list limited) I have been dealing with them for decades also. I have had reasonable success with those carbs. BUT, if you really want your Alpine to run good, consider these AI parts. For a more Performance oriented Alpine, I...
  13. spmdr

Fun Alpine Pictures

When I see an Antenna or mirror mounted on a fender like that, I'm glad I don't need to work on it. 1967-8 Mustang there. DW
  14. spmdr

Harland Sharp Roller Rocker Arms

I sent an email to HS the same day I posted this thread. Crickets so far. ....I did notice there is quite a lead time to get them... ...maybe I'll get an email in half the time? DW
  15. spmdr

Harland Sharp Roller Rocker Arms

There are other threads dealing with roller rockers, Here is one: https://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/roller-rockers-for-alpine-engines-not-v6.25062/ But I decided to start a new thread about the Harland Sharp rockers. The HS rockers for an Alpine are listed available from...