• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by SIVAllan

1. SIVAllan

Correct wheel trim

Thanks for the information fellas. I'll mount the cross hatch if only because "that's what I got." I do like to maintain an original appearance but this one will slip beneath the radar.
  2. SIVAllan

Correct wheel trim

3. SIVAllan

Correct wheel trim

I think so too but am not so sure for early Ml1a's with a mixture of Mk1 and Mk1a features.
  4. SIVAllan

Correct wheel trim

Michael, thanks. That's the way I see it as well. The car is only #91 for the production run and things happen - like mixing square and round corers for example. This will provide a break from LAT 70 wheels :)
  5. SIVAllan

Correct wheel trim

I have a “crossover” Tiger originality question. My Tiger has both round and square corners and a very low VIN (B382….91) I - hallmarks Of a “crossover” from the Mark 1 Tigers to Mark 1a Tigers. The question involves stock wheel trim. Was the crisscross-cross pattern correct for the...
  6. SIVAllan

Series I temp sender questions

No. The engine failed on a test drive, blowing one or both head gaskets, or worse. I'm pretty disgusted and haven't pulled it yet to do an autopsy. It looks like the goose-neck attaching the lower radiator hose failed or the hose split catastrophically, or something as yet unknown occurred in...
  7. SIVAllan

Odd generator bracket fitting

So I started removing dust and grime from the MK1a's engine bay - getting ready to drive to SUNI. The generator bracket has a small "P" fitting hidden beneath hoses that I haven't noticed before - any idea what it's for? There isn't much in the area needing its own fastener and it doesn't...
  8. SIVAllan

Thanks Tom. I revisited a search and an earlier suggestion to solve a slight misfit (too small) of a stock late Series sender with the stock 2.8l gooseneck. Tape plus a ground wire should do the trick. I don’t see any reason a stock late Series sender plus a repo Rootes voltage stabilizer...
  9. SIVAllan

Tom, If a sender with the right resistance characteristics doesn't fit - what use is it? Have you read the thread? The question is which sender BOTH fits the stock gooseneck and has the right resistance characteristics.
  10. SIVAllan

Mike, I stopped by an ACE hardware store. ACE determined the threads are metric and that a 16 mm nut with a 1.5 pitch fits the sender. So the sender's theads are metric, 16mm with 1.5 pitch.
  11. SIVAllan

Push-on oil filler cap on valve cover

Doe anyone know which chrome radiator cap is correct? An Autolight radiator cap is available for example. "This is a very accurate reproduction of the 67-69 Ford Autolite chrome dress-up radiator cap that was used with most performance engine optioned cars."...
  12. SIVAllan

That's correct. Summit initially provided an incorrect New Vintage USA 99005-40 sender. I didn't look at it until I was on the way home. It needed a special fitting to connect to a wire so I turned around and took it back. That was the best they could do so I provided the recommended VDO...
  13. SIVAllan

Mike, The sender has 7 threads extending over 1/4 inch. I took the sender to a hardware store to see if they had a pipe plug to match it. They selected a 3/8 plug but it only goes in partially so I am thinking the gooseneck threads are metric. The VDO sender is NVU-99320-04. The stock...
  14. SIVAllan

LAT 2 dress up chrome version. I've had this on a back shelf for a quite a while. As noted, it's not stock. It was paired with TIGER valve covers, chrome plated dipstick, chrome plated air cleaner housing (upper piece only) and a chrome plated radiator cap. I've never seen a Tiger with all of...
  15. SIVAllan

Might be the current equivalent. The outlet turns up so that's maybe an issue given the shortage of vertical space in the engine bay, or maybe not.