• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Silver Creek Sunbeam

1. Silver Creek Sunbeam

2024 Club Calendar Monthly Car Articles

As you wish...here is some info on my Series V. :) If you look back at previous calendar threads, I have talked in depth about my car, how I came to own it, and the work I have done on it, so I thought I would do something a little different this time. I am a second generation Sunbeamer. Many...
  2. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Whitworth Screws

I guess I could call or email him. I couldn't find them on his site. It's worth checking out. On another note...long time no talk. I sent someone your way a month or so ago and he said he's on your waitlist. Hope you are well...need to get the emails going again and catch up!
  3. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Whitworth Screws

I am rebuilding my third set of seats. I can 100% assure you that two of the screws on each seat are Whitworth, as I've replaced them before. My issue is that the replacement screws were available then but I have been unable to find then currently.
  4. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Whitworth Screws

Looking for a set of Whitworth screws (4) for a seat rebuild on my dad’s Series V. Used is fine as long as they are in good shape. None of the parts houses seem to have them. I even checked with Sunbeam Spares in the UK, which is where I got my last set, but came up empty. Thanks to anyone who...
  5. Silver Creek Sunbeam

PCV Delete - Thoughts?

I was curious to get the take of some of the members on the following article that I came across by "Tiger" Tom Ehrhardt. I've seen some discussion regarding the PCV on the forum but not in regards to this thought process...or at least not that I could find. It addresses a matter that is...
  6. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Interior Rear View Mirror Alternatives

Thanks…I ordered a suction cup mirror. My thought is keeping the stock mirror in place and only mounting this one while driving. I’ll get a better idea when I actually have the mirror to try out as far as locating it.
  7. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Interior Rear View Mirror Alternatives

I just installed a roll bar and discovered...my stock rear view mirror is pretty much useless at this point. LOL Do you have a photo of what you did with yours that you could share?
  8. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Headlamp assembly problem- questions

Same here...I don't drive my Alpine a lot at night but MAN do those LED's make a difference, especially if you're away from an urban area...so no streetlights. I went with Joe's full kit, all the way around the car.
  9. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Tiger One Wire Alternator Conversion Pulley Alignment

Thanks for the response and the contact info.
  10. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Hey Steve…it’s been too long since we talked! He figured it out. I’m not sure what he did because I’m not down there. The photo shows how he installed it originally. I don’t know I what he changed.
  11. Silver Creek Sunbeam

PLEASE DISREGARD - he figured it out but had not told me. I’m not sure how to delete a post on the new version of the forum. When I figure it out, I’ll take this down. This question is in regards to my father’s Tiger. He is working on the one-wire alternator (Powermaster 55 amp) conversion on...
  12. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Wipac Back Up Light Wanted

I will add that it is surprisingly less expensive to ship from the UK to the US than from the US to the UK and I believe I’ve actually had to pay more for shipping from Canada to me than from England to me. ( crazy ) It’s been a year since I bought anything from the UK but I do not recall the...
  13. Silver Creek Sunbeam

2023 Club Calendar Monthly Car Articles

So I guess my car is Mr. January.... I got my calendar today and everyone did a great job AGAIN. I will briefly recap history on my car (which I shared here on a previous year) and then to change things up a little I will talk about the shoot and the changes I have made to the car. I have been...