• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by SeriesVtime

1. SeriesVtime

Window Parts

I seem to have misplaced the small key that's on the window's channel that stops the window from extending up beyond the gear's furthest travel. It's a little rectangular piece of metal with a hole that's screwed in the window channel. I'm sure it's around here in a ziplock but I've looked and...
  2. SeriesVtime

Front turn signal housing

Hey Alfred, You may have this resolved by now, but... I've got a pair of front signals I pulled from a parts car a few years back. Neither (left or right) are perfect, upon close inspection, but I'd put them on a non-show ride. The wiring also is not perfect, due in large part to your...
  3. SeriesVtime

Leaf Spring Centering Pin

Great. Thanks for your time and insight!
  4. SeriesVtime

Thanks for your reply! Just returned from my local Big-Box hardware store and found 1/4" (you're correct) grade 8, Alan Head bolt that's perhaps 1/4" too long and the rounded head may need to be worked ever so slightly, but for the most part, it looks perfect. How about the grease or lubricant...
  5. SeriesVtime

While rebuilding the rear axle leaf springs on my 67 Series V I noticed that the center pin appeared to be stretched and bent toward its threaded end. The threads, I suspect due to stretching, and diameter were also thinner. I wanted to ask the group if anyone has an after market replacement...
  6. SeriesVtime

Stabilizer Installation

Guys, this is helpful. Ken, thanks for the 'bent' theory. I hadn't considered that possibility. It was in at one point, but that doesn't really mean its straight. Phatt - it's always good to know that I'm not the only one that's had trouble with this :p Tom, I've been starting from the...
  7. SeriesVtime

Stabilizer Installation

When I assembled the front-end of my SV, I must've just been in too much of a rush and failed to install the stabilizer. Now, I'm having a devil of a time muscling it into place. Are there any special steps/instructions that someone might share to help me wrap this last step to my resto...
  8. SeriesVtime

SV Head: Proper Water Jet Installation

Guys, Thanks for the collective insights. The only thing I might add, to anyone else facing this installation, is that extreme care should be taken when 'filing' down the insert, per Jan's suggestion. You don't want to scratch the surface of your newly surfaced head. I have some small...
  9. SeriesVtime

Thank you Jan. One additional question out of curiosity: I'm assuming that the jet causes the water to pool within the head, it restricts the flow, out, until it pools and reaches the slit, keeping the head cooler? Is that correct?
  10. SeriesVtime

I am planning on assembling the top 1/2 of my 1725cc motor this weekend. Just got back from picking up the head (happy happy). As I started organizing the parts, I realized that I couldn't recall how exactly the small 'Water Jet' that goes inside the head fits. I do recall that when I...
  11. SeriesVtime

Series V Outer Window Rubber

These look like they're almost perfect replicas of the inner anti-rattle strip. The ones of these I got from SS seemed to work fine. It's the outer most clip that looks like a T that's giving me heartburn. I was able to locate 7 of my original clips. I've got one more box (a large box) of...
  12. SeriesVtime

Stock 1725cc Rocker Ratio

Hey Jarrid, Thanks for the data. Jeff
  13. SeriesVtime

Guys, Thanks. I was starting to think that I was doing something stupid (still no guarantee). Chuck, I'll take a look at adding some material for the tabs to adhere to. Michael, I'd seen your Bresco link earlier and thumbed through some of there pages. I didn't immediately see this clip...
  14. SeriesVtime

I picked up new clips and rubber strips for the outer window strip on a Series V from Sunbeam Specialties and either the clips are too short, or the small tabs on the rubber strip don't extend down to fully grab the tangs on the clips. They just barely connect. I'm installing the metal clips...
  15. SeriesVtime

Stock 1725cc Rocker Ratio

Does anyone know off the top of their heads what the standard 1725cc rocker ratio is? I've a spare head and I'm chatting with a fellow that ports and polishes and we're looking at cleaning up my spare. Thanks!