• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Scotty

1. Scotty

Tachometer Wiring

I do have electronic points. Not made by Pertronix tho. They’re the type you swap the points and condenser for. The unit I have is specifically made for the Lucas Distributor we use.
  2. Scotty

Tachometer Wiring

My IV is converted to negative ground. I do run a Hitachi Alt after all :) Is there something unique with the IV’s wiring that could be something I’m missing? I’ve been using an aftermarket Tach from Autozone and it’s having no problems working. I’ve considered swapping out and updating the...
  3. Scotty

Tachometer Wiring

I know there are a lot of posts on this subject, which I have gone through. I want to make sure that I'm not somehow being an idiot and that this 'new' Tach I picked up wasn't a potato. Here's a pic of how I have it wired: If you look at this will the hole for the light bulb at the top, the...
  4. Scotty

Routing heater hoses / bypass heater core

Yours is routed in a similar fashion to my SIV, which I just finished fixing and am using a very different valve that I had to finagle a holder for the cable. Not a big deal. Yours should be setup like this: - Hose from water pump -> left heater core plug (if standing in front of your car) -...
  5. Scotty

SIII-V? Map Light Lens

Thank you! I’ll look around.
  6. Scotty

Spin-on oil filter base for 1592 engine

Bought one recently, this is who sells new steel PRV ones. Working wonderfully.
  7. Scotty

SIII-V? Map Light Lens

Does anyone make these anymore? I have one that's in usable condition but I'm looking for something closer to new. Any tips or ideas? Thanks fam!
  8. Scotty

3AW update

Gotcha, thank you for the correction, good to know!
  9. Scotty

3AW update

I just had this issue yesterday with my Hitachi Alt SIV and thought of you. Turned the key, no light. I had just gotten the heater slides changed thanks to the help of a friend. Thought maybe we had somehow pulled a wire out.Turned out I blew a fuse. Changed it and it came on. Are your fuses ok?
  10. Scotty

Series V 3AW can wanted

To be honest I wasn’t sure if there was one on the IV or not, I figured similar tech is used across the board so why not that? If I’m wrong, please tell me. Just wanted to try and help someone out.
  11. Scotty

Series V 3AW can wanted

Does anyone know if the 3AW from a SIV can be used with his setup? I went through storage and couldn’t find my SV one. Can anyone assist or educate? Thanks gang!
  12. Scotty

Series V 3AW can wanted

I think I still have the one from my old SV in storage, I’ll check. If I do, I’ll let you know and just send it to you, no charge. If the Series IV has it too, I can just remove it and send that your way. I’m running a Hitachi Alt and have no use for it. Let me see what I got and send pics...
  13. Scotty

Alternator and 3AW can

YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary. As in, your experience with the situation may differ from someone else in the same or similar situation.
  14. Scotty

Alternator and 3AW can

If what you ordered turns out not to be reliable, consider one of these: https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/mobile/product/1209/category/259
  15. Scotty

Alternator and 3AW can

I’d just change the 3AW can (or get the 3AW relay replacement module) and see if that fixes it. Odds are the one you got is over 40 years old. The more you delve into this, the more that sounds like the likely culprit.