• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by rlafey

1. R

Alpine Wanted

I have a '63 S3ST in great shape, runs great bunches of extra parts. I'm in Huntington Beach. Asking $11,500. Bob rlafey@msn.com
  2. R

63 S3 ST For Sale

Selling our '63 S3. It has 63,038 miles on it. The previous owner said this is legit, but I cannot verify. I only put 929 miles on it in 3 years. However, it is a good driver. I have spent $6,000 in mostly mechanical items. I have all my work records. Highlights are recently sealed gas tank...
  3. R

Fuel Pump Rattles S3

Good info! Thanks Ken.
  4. R

Fuel Pump Rattles S3

Just recently I noticed that when I gun the engine, a rather loud rattling sound is coming from the fuel pump. Got a 63 - S3. Also, at higher speeds the engine dies. Just quits. I have cleaned and sealed the tanks, so I'm suspecting the pump now. Especially with this strange noise. Time for a...
  5. R

Front Caliper Rebuild Piston vs. Rubber Issue

Great info guys! I will get new rubber from Rick. Thanks for the tips, will you know my final outcome. I'm sure glad to have you all on my side!!!!:D Your new Rootes friend, Bob
  6. R

I cleaned the calipers. There is no rust or pitting. No need to glass bead. I bought new pistons from British Victoria as well as the rebuild kit. George, you may be correct with the kit. Did you find issues with the kit from British Victoria???
  7. R

Still won't go in... OK, so I got the calipers in half, cleaned then oiled up with brake fluid. Got all the rubber seals and dust cover on with the piston in place with the dust cover around the piston and IT STILL WON'T GO IN WITH A DOZEN TRIES. I'm about ready to give up. With it just above...
  8. R

All I have is brake fluid. Did not know about using red grease in brake applications.
  9. R

Ken, found an article on Invasion. Easier said then done, but I will try what he suggests again. Thanks, Bob
  10. R

So I am rebuilding the calipers on my '63 SIII. the pistons, pads and all rubber of course. Do you know any tricks to get those darn rubber boots and pistons to go into the calipers? If you put the boot on the piston first, you cannot get the ridge into the caliper with the piston in the way. If...
  11. R

I Need Wire Wheel Repair

I have original wire wheels and some of the wires are mising and broken. I spoke with a member last year about this. He said there was a guiy in La Jolla, CA that refurbishes the wheels. Does anyone have this guys contact info or know someong in Southern California that will repair wire wheels...
  12. R

63 Series III Brake Master Cylinder Repair

Great thanks!
  13. R

63 Series III Brake Master Cylinder Repair

Hey, got a couple of questions. 1. Should there be a rubber washer between the reservoir and its base? 2. How do I get the dust cap off the master cylinder piston so I can install new rubber seals? Bob
  14. R

63 Series 3 Trunk Lid

Thanks, good info. Bob
  15. R

63 Series 3 Trunk Lid

I went ahead and purchased this car. I plan to repaint to its original color. I will tweak the lid then. Thanks everyone for your responses.