• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by raceatr3

1. raceatr3

1963 Alpine GT FOR SALE

Factory Sunbeam Alpine GT (hardtop only no soft top with this model). Wire wheels, leather interior, new sunvisors, 3 point seat belts, completely refurbished (by Doug Jennings) late model front suspension including cross rod, perfectly functioning overdrive gearbox, Carter electric fuel pump...
  2. raceatr3

Steering effort

Same stock size radials at 32lbs. And there is still some play in the steering while driving.
  3. raceatr3

Steering effort

re: Series III The front suspension is completely refurbished. Steering box and idler operate smoothly. The steering effort at low speed or standing still or parking is excessive. Is this normal or should I look further? All turns smoothly with frontend jacked up off the ground.
  4. raceatr3

Non syncro OD transmission

Are you still interested in selling the transmission?
  5. raceatr3

Series 3 OD Speedometer wanted

Any progress tracking down the speedo? OK if it does not work. I'll send it off to Nosinger.
  6. raceatr3

I would be interested in the S3 OD speedo. Please advise if you would like to sell and at what price.
  7. raceatr3

Searching for an OD speedometer for a series 3. Should have 1408 on the face. Non working is fine.
  8. raceatr3

Overdrive parts - relief valve plunger

Picked up SS's last plunger assembly. Came with all the parts I needed and now the OD works perfect.
  9. raceatr3

Overdrive parts - relief valve plunger

My 63 Alpine overdrive is missing the plunger in the relief valve assembly. So obviously won't build any pressure without the valve working properly. Any help with the part or an overdrive good for parts only is appreciated.
  10. raceatr3

wanted - All synchro gearbox with OD

Allan, Interested in discussing what you have. I texted you and am also sending this reply. Bob
  11. raceatr3

Alpine Transmissions

Do you have a driveshaft to go along with the gearbox? Any idea of the condition of the gearbox?
  12. raceatr3

64-67 Alipine parts for sale

Any idea of the condition of the synchro gearbox? Do you have a drive shaft for the synchro gearbox?
  13. raceatr3

Alpine Transmissions

Is the early gearbox with OD still available?
  14. raceatr3

Overdrive solenoid removal

In process of trouble shooting the OD. It was supposedly rebuilt under the previous owner but does not engage at all. The solenoid does move the lever and lines up the lever hole with the dimple in the case but while checking that, I noticed the solenoid was heating up quite a bit to the touch...
  15. raceatr3

Overdrive solenoid removal

Actually the screws are #42 on page 23. Screws that hole the solenoid in place.