• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Paul A's latest activity

• P
    Paul A replied to the thread Frustrated!.
    Carter AFB 4331s 400 cfm Rebuilt by my favorite carb shop near Minneapolis The Offy manifold is a dual port four barrel - 6096 lower...
    • 1590673563840.png
  • P
    I have things torn down again - waiting for new gaskets
  • P
    Paul A reacted to JMSiragusa's post in the thread Frustrated! with Like Like.
    I am following this as I had the same problem and ended up staying with the original manifold and carb set up. I would very much like...
  • P
    Paul A replied to the thread Lockheed Type 6 Booster Fitment.
    I will send pix when I return home after Easter visit with my son and family.
  • P
    Paul A reacted to Dellaone's post in the thread Lockheed Type 6 Booster Fitment with Like Like.
    I no longer have my 1967 SV Alpine, having sold it about 10 years ago. I do however have a friend that still has his 1967 SV, which has...
  • P
    Paul A reacted to Mike O'D's post in the thread Frustrated! with Like Like.
    If you want to check for vacuum leaks, I would suggest putting a rubber tube on a propane torch and directing it at areas of interest -...
  • P
    Paul A reacted to Bill Blue's post in the thread Frustrated! with Like Like.
    Paul, are you saying that the engine runs at 1200-1250 with the throttle closed? If so, check to make sure the throttle plates are...
  • P
    Paul A reacted to todd reid's post in the thread Frustrated! with Like Like.
    spraying with carb cleaner or brake cleaner will often help locate a vacuum leak - if that is in fact your problem. Several Utube...
  • P
    Paul A reacted to husky drvr's post in the thread Frustrated! with Like Like.
    Paul, I know nothing about Carter carbs or you installation, so this is a wild guess. If your carb has the built in auto choke housing...
  • P
    Paul A posted the thread PCV in Modified Alpine.
    2.8 V6 What pcv valve are folks using? Rock auto and others have them available with 2 intake tubes.. thanks
  • P
    I just ordered the Pruett book. Found a used one for a decent price. The heads are factory, never been modified. The offy intake lower...
  • P
    Paul A reacted to DanR's post in the thread Frustrated! with Like Like.
    Paul A, I just remembered that the OFY intake base has to be "fitted" to the heads. The angle sometimes changes when grinding or...
  • P
    Paul A reacted to 260Alpine's post in the thread Frustrated! with Like Like.
    You may have a leak down at the intake gasket at the heads?
  • P
    I wish I knew what was causing the issue! Engine has run fine since I pulled it from the Mustang II and installed it in Ol Blue...
  • P
    Paul A reacted to DanR's post in the thread Frustrated! with Like Like.
    Paul A, Do you have an actual leak? Or is it just the engine does'nt want to idle below 1200?