• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by mr.vman

1. M

Ford 2.8 V6 piston rings?

Building the, 2.8 V6. Engine bores will clean at; .020". Found the correct, Silvolite 1.535 compression hight pistons (Summit Racing). Now for piston rings. Hastings lists, Chrome or cast iron rings. Chrome rings seem to take some time to seat. Cast iron seats quickly. Not sure if...
  2. M

2.8 EFI

As far as the TBI injection on stock intake. Sad turn of events having the unit shipped back to Holley. I am considering the 2 barrel TBI unit. Voltage change; Could it be a bad connection or connector causing a voltage drop (high resistance). Where is the voltage being measured? As...
  3. M

2.8 EFI

Fergusonic, Thank you for posting about your Fuel Injection. I am considering using the same system, and what appears to be a stock modified intake, like you have. Questions; What did you do for an adpater plate for the Throttle Body and intake? How tall is the adapter, if you did use...
  4. M

2.8 Ford V6 engine parts sources

Afternoon searching for parts. Summit racing can get pistons with, 1.535 compression hgt. Silvolite brand; #S1174-5MM this is .020 over. Silvolite number; UEM-S1174-5MM $35.99 each X 6=$215.94. Three ring packs available, Cast iron, Chrome or Plasma Moly. Some of these sets are for a four...
  5. M

Looks like Team Blitz will have a clutch assembly. Camshafts, Using the larger diameter Ford Range block, hence different journal size camshaft bearings. Competition Cams still has blank cores to make cams. Deciding on what cam; 38-240-4 (252 degree duration, .432"lift) or; 38-241-4 (264...
  6. M

2.8 engine in machine shop for build. Questions on sources of internal engine parts. Pistons; Where to find the desired 1.535 compression hgt. pistons? The pistons I am finding have, 1.511 compression hgt. Probably need, 020" over, 93.5mm diameter. Rod bolts, heavy duty? And many other...
  7. M

2.8 clutch

Question, What brand of internal clutch release assembling are you using? Also what size master cylinder? I am shopping for an internal clutch release assembling (throw out bearing assembly) for my V6 engine, T5. Thank you in advance. Steve V.
  8. M

Ford T5 internal clutch release bearing options

Need to purchase intermal hydraulic release bearing. What to buy? There is a heavy duty unit with multiple O-rings and another unit that needs the front bearing retainer to machined to size. https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Ram-Street-Stock-Hydraulic-Throwout-Bearing-Ford-T-5,39740.html...
  9. M

Procraft, Thanks for the quick reply. "machine the transmission nose brg housing to 1.372 diameter" This is the bearing retainer with the guide for the release bearing? Turn down the release bearing guide to, 1.372" ? I assume, still shorten the bearing retainer to four inches and...
  10. M

Might have been covered. To the point of looking at hydraulic clutch linkage for V6 and T5 transmission. Has any0ne installed the internal (concentric) release bearing kits? If so, what kit and where to buy? Issues or warnings about various kits or sources? Noticed the Speedway Motors kit...
  11. M

2.8 Ford V6, "Vee" belt widths

Measuring for Alernator and AC compressor belts. Noticed that the Ford Ranger and Mustang 2. Belt width of , 13/32 inch 10mm belt fits well in the crankshaft and water pump pulley. Top slightly proud of pulley. 1/2 inch 12.5/13mm belt rides above pulley. Does not fit into pulley. The...
  12. M

Need Ford Ranger 2.8 V6 rear thermostat housing or three groove water pump pulley

Series6, Thank you for the reply. Unfortunatly for me, there are two lower thermostat housing in the USA. Seventies 2.8 V6 use a different thermostat housing are rear bypass outlet than the early 80s. The housing have a different bolt pattern. The number you listed are for the, 70's...
  13. M

Need Ford Ranger 2.8 V6 rear thermostat housing or three groove water pump pulley

MikeH, thank you for the reply. Engine is not in an Alpine but a Marcos, from the UK. And I do have the rear sump pan, both Mustang 2 and Ranger engines. Depending on what parts I can find is what front cover I will use. The marcos tube chassis is narrow, and low. Cannot use DanR brackets...
  14. M

Using the Ford 2.8 V6 from the eighties Ford Ranger. Need the rear thermostat bypass housing that bolts to the back of the timing cover. The Ranger thermostat housings have a different bolt pattern than the Ford Capri, Mustang 2 and Pinto of the seventies. The eighties 2.8 V6, in my case...
  15. M

What distributor with 2.8 V6

Need a distributor for the V6 conversion. Engine came with breaker points. Electronic ignition would be nice to have. Noticed that the, 1975 and 1976 distributors use the small cap single vacuum (Ec-1? electronic control first generation). 1977 (Ec-2) and later has the two piece cap. Choice...