• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by mferris

1. M

1966 Alpine Series V in North Carolina - asking $3800

Jim E - I just sent you a private message on this forum with my phone number. Happy to talk. -M
  2. M

1966 Alpine Series V in North Carolina - asking $3800

Re-listing my '66/1725 red Alpine at $3800 (the '67/V6 in the pictures has been sold/shipped) I've updated the photo album with 125 pictures including underside, interior and compression. Album/description: http://bit.ly/2bQhNnr Currently registered/insured in NC. Streetable with a...
  3. M

2 Sunbeams For Sale (’66/1725, ’67/V6) $6400

Life is intervening and I’ve decided to sell my 1966/1725 and 1967/V6 Alpines and additional parts. I (strongly) prefer to sell both cars and all parts together - asking $6400 for everything. All located north of Durham, NC. Descriptions and Photos/Videos: 1966 Alpine with 1725...
  4. M

Photos of your V6 conversion exhaust system

I, too, cut (actually burned through with a oxy-propane torch) a second pass-through in the X-frame on the passenger side, this required cutting through both the front and rear sections of the X-frame on the passenger side (close to the center X, and then I reinforced the holes with a single...
  5. M

Wilwood Clutch Master Line adapter

Thanks Dan - I've ordered a 272330 (and 40 for kicks) and that will hopefully allow me to connect my Wilwood master to the existing clutch line (already connected to a new stock slave).
  6. M

Thanks Dan. At least that gives me a place to start - the O'Reilly that I walked into here had many, many empty slots in their fittings boxes. I'll have to continue the search, for timeliness I've ordered online. I'll start there for $10 and see what happens. -M
  7. M

Thanks George - I'll find them. I was looking for the cheapest solution to get this thing going by just getting an adapter.
  8. M

whoops - fixed with the below: pic of the fittings in the old and new masters: https://goo.gl/photos/oFvsPgVZ7NKKmDLf7 pic of new wilwood: https://goo.gl/photos/c4VugHCHqPYT2npQ9 To clarify i have a stock (new, but stock) Slave a new line from the slave to the master, and want to...
  9. M

Help me identify what I need to buy. I'm replacing the clutch master with a Wilwood (see pic). I'm not familiar with line fitting/end terms - but I need a new adapter to allow the existing clutch line (purchased from SS) attach to the new Wilwood master. In my language - I'm looking...
  10. M

Clutch Master Replacement (Non-stock)

Now I'm really intrigued - mine didn't look like the picture much at all if I recall correctly. The piston was different - but I'm pretty sure it was a stock (or near-stock) clutch master. On mine there were two washers which were attached to the piston (not just resting on it). I am...
  11. M

Thanks guys. hartmandm - if I recall correctly - your piston is slightly different mine, I *only* replaced the #1 (which required removal of a very small ring which held on the cup - but I might be forgetting what I did). The #2 ring I was unable to remove - it may have been in the kit...
  12. M

I'm ready to replace the master cylinder on my '66 SV since my rebuild must have failed - so I'm looking for the quickest/easiest way to replace - but SS only has Tiger masters in stock (which will work with a spacer and new line + adapter) - but I'd rather get it done a little cheaper. Are...
  13. M

Clutch Issue

Thanks. I have no idea if it is stock - but I can lengthen the pushrod on my slave cylinder as it has a threaded connection where the pushrod clevis is attached. Should give me a little more room - but it still makes no sense to me why this would have changed.
  14. M

Clutch Issue

Something is odd with the clutch in my '66 SV (stock engine + 4 speed). The car worked fine for 1-2K miles - I let it sit for a short while (2-3 months) now the clutch only disengages when the pedal is pressed completely on the floor. When I attempt to release it (even 1/4") the gears...
  15. M

Clutch Master Retaining Ring Issue

Thanks Greg. Just a miserable place totry and use brute force. I'll get aggressive with it