• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Mark B

1. Mark B

Overdrive Issues - Engagement

Thanks for the great info. The filter was not something I had considered and actually could possibly explain a reluctant engagement that declines over time as pressures drop. Tom, I am fortunate to have both a working original relay, and one of your kits, and have swapped the relay a few times...
  2. Mark B

BTW, 1967 Series 5
  3. Mark B

Hello all- over the past few years, my overdrive became finicky, and would usually only start to work after everything warmed up, maybe 10 to 15 mins of driving. Before it warmed, hitting the OD stalk produced a dim light on the OD versus a bright light, and a decent draw on the Amp meter...
  4. Mark B

Hub Puller Needed - Denver area

So good. too close to the office.
  5. Mark B

Hub Puller Needed - Denver area

I work in Golden, (pre Covid), and drove my Alpine there almost once a week. 12th & Jackson right downtown.
  6. Mark B

Gaskets-Tappet,Dizzy and Oil Block

For me, the valve cover is a non-leaker. I have the front timing cover weeping a bit, and the tappet cover I just sealed. The engine in the car is very tired and has decent blowby, which was really getting to be a mess. The real solution to a clean non-leaking engine is in the rebuild on the...
  7. Mark B

I am in the process of building up and engine and will get some Three Bond. A leak free Alpine engine would be a good thing and not something I have had often in the past. Mark B
  8. Mark B

I appreciate the replies and input. I used go old Permatex Blue and appears to have gone well. Thought I had a gasket for the oil block, but did not so have to hold until I get that. Probably good so that the other gasket have time to cure and my impatience does not push it.
  9. Mark B

Thanks Jan, I should be more clear. I cleaned up everything that was there and I am down to bare prepped metal, and will be using all new gaskets. Had assumed that there was some sealer used in the past, but really see no evidence that there was any previously. So I started to question whether...
  10. Mark B

Hello all- I attempted to staunch the flow of oil coming out of my leaky tappet cover, and in doing so, I had to remove the distributor and the oil block (Series V). The question is do I use some gasket glue, (Permatex or similar) when replacing them, or just the gaskets themselves. The tappet...
  11. Mark B

Walnut Dash Mystery Hole

I suspect it is the OD operating light. For cars equipped with OD, there is a white/opal colored light in that position. Thanks, MB
  12. Mark B

Series 3 Color Code 67

This was the photo/car that inspired my color choice in 2001. Is this yours Paul?
  13. Mark B

Wood dash.

I recall the heater controls had to be mounted differently or I had to use some spacers to get them to sit correctly. It was a long time ago so I may be wrong.
  14. Mark B

Wood dash.

2nd that. Looks like one I have that I believe is original.
  15. Mark B

LED running and signal lights

That makes sense. Appreciate the expertise in this group. MB