• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by mamoose124

1. mamoose124

Selling my 1962 Sunbeam alpine

Thanks! Why not purchase it?
  2. mamoose124

Selling my 1962 Sunbeam alpine

I’m selling my alpine after ten years. It is a unique Alpine in that it has all the factory options the available in the day but most did not have when purchased. That is 1) Hard top, 2) Electric overdrive, 3 Oil cooler, and 4 Tonneau cover. In addition, I rebuilt the Roots redesigned...
  3. mamoose124

Water temp gauge

I’m thinking of installing a capillary tube type gauge under the dash as an alternative.
  4. mamoose124

Water temp gauge

First, the sender and gauge have worked properly through over 5,000 miles since I restored the car and installed the new engine. Normally, the gauge registers just over the 170F mark. If the outside temp is over 70F, the gauge reaches the 180F mark. However recently the gauge started registering...
  5. mamoose124

Water temp gauge

Hi guys, it has been a while since I posted here. After restoring my 1962 Alpine I have spent most of my time enjoying it. It now has over 6,000 miles on the new engine and is running fine. A joy to drive. However, recently the water temp gauge has begun to register at the 190 F mark but the...
  6. mamoose124

SII Seat restoration

Jan, what thickness do you use for the seat? Do you use the same thickness for both the seat & back? I'm thinking that the 2" x 24" x 80" firm foam from Sailrite would be enough for two seats. What do you think?
  7. mamoose124

SII Seat restoration

My SII seat leather looks great but the foam is old and crumbling leaving a mess on the matting under the seats. I did a google search on my iPhone for SII seat repair and received a thread from SAOCA that talks about the SII seats not having springs and that the foam sits directly on the pan...
  8. mamoose124

Wheel & Pinion Set

Yes, that is what I need and am looking for one. eBay is selling one but it is for steel wheels not wire wheels. Do you have a source?
  9. mamoose124

Wheel & Pinion Set

OK, fellows, here is the situation after a week of trying to fix my rear end problem: When I purchased my SII six years ago, it needed a rear end. Not being familiar with the car I purchased a complete rear end, pumpkin w/axle for wire wheels. As it turns out, the unit was from a Series I car...
  10. mamoose124

Wheel & Pinion Set

Dan, As it turns out my rear end is probably from a Series I car ass the axle splines number 17 instead f 25. So that turns out to be my problem. Both Sunbeam Spares in the UK and Roots Post Vintage Spares in Holland only have gear sets for the 25 spline axles. Do you have any suggestions for me?
  11. mamoose124

Wheel & Pinion Set

Yes, Dan, It has wire wheels. I don't have a shop anymore so the work is being done by a local classic car shop. Therefore, I don't (at the moment) have specs on the axle assembly but from the speedo/tac info at speeds of 50 to 70mph, I think I have a 4:22 pumpkin.
  12. mamoose124

Wheel & Pinion Set

Thanks Gordon for the info. I will contact them.
  13. mamoose124

Wheel & Pinion Set

My rear end went out. I need the following hard to find parts. In Sunbeam Specialties catalog (p10) they are shown in the exploded diagram as #3 Wheel & Pinion Set. Do any of you fellows have them in good condition?
  14. mamoose124

Poorly made hubs from MWS

I had a similar fitment problem with a pair of MWS front hubs for my SII. They were clearly not properly machined for the SII. When I first talked to them about the problem they informed me that they had never before had fitment problems. I informed MWS that they now had fitment problems with...
  15. mamoose124

Technical Help

I just viewed your video DanR. It really cracked me up. I'm sending it to my friends.