• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Limey

1. Limey

1725 Camshaft Question

Hi Husky, I have one of those boats, An Albatross Slipper the other boat that had this engine was a Corsair. These had a closed cooling system using hull blisters instead of a radiator. Built in 1959 they had the Alpine 1600 engine with twin SU (from a Lotus) and aluminium heads. They had a sea...
  2. Limey

Back Axle rebuild

It was a long while back. if you have or can get a parts book, all the bolts, nuts and washer typres for everything are listed in it.
  3. Limey

Back Axle rebuild

Hi British Metal, If you are in the UK use Namrick. Cheers, Oliver
  4. Limey

Engine weight?

Perfect works for me. Many thanks!
  5. Limey

Engine weight?

Thanks ToyAnvil - what did you have the weight in your opinion? Cheers, Oliver
  6. Limey

Engine weight?

Hi mate - I did a search but no joy... all up, no trans. Cheers, Oliver
  7. Limey

Engine weight?

Hi all - what is the approx weight of an Alpine engine? All up but no gearbox - Thanks in advance. Oliver
  8. Limey

STRAIGHT SWAP FLAT TOPS

Thanks Michael - Just checking option if i need to adjust fto get the CR up to 10 approx
  9. Limey

STRAIGHT SWAP FLAT TOPS

Hi and thanks - Flat tops are for a Vizard1600 not the blower Ihave a previously rebuilt bottom half so justwant the opton to flat top it if the maths indicate that requirment. Cheers, Oliver
  10. Limey

STRAIGHT SWAP FLAT TOPS

Hi all, 3 things I need your help with if you know, 1) For a vizard mod - is there a straight swap flat top piston out there to replace my dished units? 2) What part numbers for the Datsun diesel /petrol valves and guides (Jerry??) My engineer wants one of ach for appraisal 3) What Schrick...
  11. Limey

Engine identity

12. Limey

Engine identity

Hi All, I'm looking at buying a 1600 engine with the following numbers stamped on the top of the block. Not Alpine but i can't ident it. Rapier? Husky? B30541 38 OD HHO Thanks for all help Oliver
  13. Limey

Is this a late (new casting) Series IV block

The owner said it 'had been rebuilt some time ago at great expense' I know that doesn't mean anything but at £750 I thought it worth the gamble as a good core unit. It has storage rust but the internals appear lubricated.
  14. Limey

Thanks Bernd. I have been looking for such an engine for a while and found this rebuilt unit on ebay. Cheers! Oliver
  15. Limey

Hi All, I heard that for the the late series IVs, Rootes used a new casting for the block. Is this block and numbers one of these? Thanks for all help Oliver