• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Kristian Jonsson

1. Kristian Jonsson

Unknown camshaft

I will repeat my second question: Have anyone used this camshaft or the Holbay on a standard engine with some kind of carburettors and made it run. (Reasonable)
  2. Kristian Jonsson

Unknown camshaft

It did only run on high revs. to low it did just stop. I measure by subtract the high number with the smaller number.....or what do you mean???
  3. Kristian Jonsson

Unknown camshaft

That I have forgot completely!!!!!!!
  4. Kristian Jonsson

Unknown camshaft

I have just taken a Holbay cam out of one of my engines. It seems OK. No wear or unpleasant surfaces. 7.8,m.m. lift. I presume it is was a Holbay but it has a 7.8 m.m. lift (0.307 inches). Holbay is supposed to be 0.320 inches. So if it's not a Holbay cam, what can it be? I did only test run...
  5. Kristian Jonsson

Exhaust on the Holbay head

Under the exhaust valve there are a sharp edge. It is the same on the standard head and it is quite easy to remove it. But why haven't they done it on the Holbay, when they have done so nice inlet ports? Or is it supposed to be there? Seems unlikely to me.
  6. Kristian Jonsson

My Holbay head, a lost case?

As you can see, unpleasant actions in the combustion chambers has been going on. 1 and 4 are on the limit or has it gone to far?
  7. Kristian Jonsson

Leave the Holbay set-up!

Back again to this newer ending story. What shall I do with my Holbay 120 camshaft. The Holbay head has probably to much pitting or corrosion problems, and I have learned by reading hundreds of treads in this matter that I can't use my standard heads. I was going to sell it and instead order a...
  8. Kristian Jonsson

Wiring colour.

When looking under the dashboard and studying the wire mess I notice this unusual wire. It's not attached to anything and has this old style material. Unlike the other usual and plastic ones. Do you also have this wire?
  9. Kristian Jonsson

Wiring colour.

I will save that!
  10. Kristian Jonsson

Wiring colour.

OK Green then.
  11. Kristian Jonsson

Wiring colour.

I have an (disconnected) amp gauge on my Alpine 5. The car has an alternator. I am going to replace the amp gauge with an volt-meter because it is more sense. Brown and brown-white are the amp wires. But what kind of wires am I going to use for the voltmeter so I will have "UK standard wire colour"?
  12. Kristian Jonsson

Leave the Holbay set-up!

But what is so special with this profile? Can it be re-profiled (to H128 for instance) to make it more usable for other configurations? I understand that Holbay put a lot of effort to make the car and it's engine to behave like a standard family car.
  13. Kristian Jonsson

Stromberg vs Weber

What other posts? What engine do you have? Standard Alpine SV?
  14. Kristian Jonsson

Stromberg vs Weber

How is the DGV jetted?
  15. Kristian Jonsson

Radiator fan problem.

Maybe not a big problem, but the suspicion can make you sleepless! :-)