• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

jumpinjan's latest activity

• jumpinjan
    jumpinjan replied to the thread Clutch won't disengage.
    Make sure the two alignment pins are in place between engine block & bellhousing. Jan
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan reacted to hartmandm's post in the thread Diff oil with Like Like.
    I use SAE 80W-90 GL-5 gear oil in my differential - specifically the Lucas brand, which says it is designed for hypoid gears.
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan replied to the thread Diff oil.
    Get some oil that is recommended for hypoid differentials. You want an oil that says API Services GL-5. Jan
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan replied to the thread Clutch won't disengage.
    I think something is in a bind, like maybe the pilot bushing & input shaft and the mating surfaces of engine block & bellhousing.. I...
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan replied to the thread Gas Tank Repair/Sealant.
    The inside surface of the tanks need to be cleaned to bare metal. In Cincinnati, there's a metal cleaning business (originally it was a...
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan replied to the thread Heater Valve.
    I have taken a few apart and you can't fix them. The problem is the rubber seal (looks like a diagram) that seals the small control rod...
  • jumpinjan
    It looks like it has the early HLM knee bolsters on the doors Jan
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan replied to the thread Door hinge renew.
    I don't remember the hardness of the drill rod that I used. I bought the drill rod & drill & reamer all from McMaster-Carr. I drill &...
  • jumpinjan
    The new holes are a precision sized hole using a drill then reamed to within 0.001" of the diameter. The pin material needs to be...
  • jumpinjan
    Most of the pins will NOT come out with heat or whatever. I repair mine using drill rod as the new pin and drill & ream the hole. These...
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan replied to the thread No spark frustration.
    Hmm, you see a spark across the points? If so, that might be a heavy load the points are seeing. Like a low primary resistance in the...
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan replied to the thread Front end Alignment.
    I did the alignment on my Tiger using the affordable alignment tools I bought from Summit. There is NO shop that will touch an old car...
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan replied to the thread Rear Frame Rails.
    I use Solidworks software anytime I make something from sheetmetal. Jan
  • jumpinjan
    Very, very nice Alpine. I like the Thistle gray series I color. Jan
  • jumpinjan
    jumpinjan reacted to spmdr's post in the thread 2024 Grand National Roadster Show with Like Like.
    Steve Alcala submitted an entry for his 2023 Lord Rootes winning Tiger and was accepted. He battled the Rain but it was worth the...