• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Jimjordan2

1. Jimjordan2

Starter

Eleven, has the starting problem always been a problem, or is it something new. I had the same problem, and it was cured by a better ground strap from the engine to the body. Do you have a ground strap now. Just a thought. Good luck Jim
  2. Jimjordan2

WHAT COLOR ???? so many CHOICES !

Top, Third Tab from the left, Gallery. All kinds, all colors.
  3. Jimjordan2

engine bay shroud

Good idea, I like it. I know this is a bit late, but anybody out there wanting to paint their engine compartment, just take aluminum foil and wrap it and crimp it around everything you don't want painted. No masking, real simple, and it really really works. Maybe a little masking where you want...
  4. Jimjordan2

British Classic car show Memorial Weekend Saturday, May 28th 2022.

Not sure how the fire started yet, everything is so melted down, it can’t be determined. Electrical of some type. Not sure if I’m ready to restore another car again. This one was by far my favorite. I was just in process of re-restoring it. Not that it needed much, but was finishing installing...
  5. Jimjordan2

British Classic car show Memorial Weekend Saturday, May 28th 2022.

Do you think I can get this ready for the show? By the way, who’s ever keeping track, please mark B3650012345 Destroyed in a fire. Yes, This is my Calendar girl. 100 percent loss and under insured. Never raised the value past 16,000. Dumb move. Remember guys as you increase the value of your...
  6. Jimjordan2

replace windshield seal SV with frame on car?

If you're not replacing the dash pad, and the rubber seal under the frame, you should be able to replace the windshield rubber without removing the frame. Biggest job is removing the stainless molding around the windshield. Yes, it can be done. Just my non-professional opinion. Or I'm wrong...
  7. Jimjordan2

Weber Carb from Classic Car Performance

Jerome? Which one is Jerome?
  8. Jimjordan2

Speedo cable routing

Yeah, what Mike said.
  9. Jimjordan2

How much brake fluid?!?

Well, it certainly shouldn't take that much. But you say the fluid is going out of the master cylinder reservoir, it has to be leaking to something. Nothing showing up on the ground? Do you have a booster? It could be going into the booster. Just my thoughts. May be a leaking booster.
  10. Jimjordan2

Jokes and funny stories

OK, it took me a minute. Good one.
  11. Jimjordan2

Detailed Engine Bay Reference Photos

What part of California are you from? Lots of us out here. Sometimes looking at a car will help a lot. Jim
  12. Jimjordan2

Stereo Install.

Make enough of them, and you can retire. Good Luck.
  13. Jimjordan2

Stereo Install.

That looks outstanding. Looks like it belongs there. So, when's the kit for the 3D box coming out?
  14. Jimjordan2

Wanted Replacement Floor Pans

There's a set on eBay right now, pricey plus shipping. I have no idea what they're worth. $500.00 is what they're asking.
  15. Jimjordan2

intake manifold drain nut?

Not sure about the early series, but in a series V, if that had a loop in it, it would be for the rocker arm oiler. That probably is what that part is. Just my thoughts.