• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Jim in PA

1. Jim in PA

'66 Alpine parts to sell

Well...maybe they already have their own that went with the car and these are for you or someone else?
  2. Jim in PA

'66 Alpine parts to sell

I have several parts left over from my Alpine I sold a few years ago. I'd like to see them go to a good home. Lets talk about what you want and offers.
  3. Jim's SV project

Jim's SV project

Still lots of little engine and driveline adjustments to do over the winter 09/10. Interior detailing and steering wheel rebuild...
  4. Jim's SV project

Jim's SV project

Carbs to sync. Valves to adjust. Elect. ign. to install. Timing to adjust...lots to tinker with...
  5. Jim's SV project

Jim's SV project

Still driving it on sunny days. I drove it 12-29-09 with the top down in 28F sunny weather and it ran perfectly. What a blast!
  6. Jim's SV project

Jim's SV project

Now running and being sorted. Very fun to drive...
  7. Jim's SV project

Jim's SV project

The body will have to wait...running gear is being sorted.
  8. Jim in PA

steering wheel hub?

Mazda RX-7 stering wheel I bought a steering wheel from a Mazda RX-7 and it fit perfectly. Slight modification but it worked very well. I had, also, bought an aftermarket steering wheel and a hub to fit a Mazda RX-7 but never used them... it seemed to fit as I tried to see if it would work. I...
  9. Jim in PA

Carb synch tool

I used the method Kevin describes and it worked well.. I adjusted my valves first, set the dwell/ point gap then timing then carb balance then Colortune to get the correct color of combustion flame. Now that I type this I realize that it is time to redo these items...at least check and adjust as...
  10. Jim in PA

Procomp cooling fans

Radiator cooling fan A lot of folks have used Honda Civic cooling fans. Some use a manual control/ power switch, others use a combination of manual (override) control switch and thermostatic controller for the fan. The link you show has the whole package with mounting and thermostatic...
  11. Jim in PA

One lucky NASCAR photographer

unattended camera Yeah. Saw the other break and pull out of the groove. It is typical when a racer breaks, that they pull to the side of the track as to not drop fluids onto the track in "the groove". Cleanup can be a real pain and cause long delays. The young lady took her car home in a basket...
  12. Jim in PA

Too cute!

It was such a nice day today I drove my Alpine, Rusty, out to get a sandwich at lunchtime. I pulled along-side an SUV in the parking lot. In the rear driverside window was the cutest little girl, all of 4 years old. "That sure is a cool car you have" she said. "Thank you very much" I replied...
  13. Jim in PA

Cigarette lighter

Cigar lighter A couple of years ago I bought a "Cigar" lighter, as they are called on British vehicles, on eBay. There was a thread here discussing where and what to look for. I looked on UK eBay and found the exact type listed for a Jaguar car from the 60's or early 70's. The one I found is...
  14. Jim in PA

S5 correct jackstand handle

The jack that came with my SV has a nut at the top that is the same size as the lug nuts on the wheels. The idea is to use the lug wrench to raise and lower the jack. I have not seen anything for the engine starting crank handle to be used with the jack. I believe the SV did not come with engine...
  15. Jim in PA

stiffeners ?

I have an extra set of the stiffeners/ struts if you can't find yourself a pair on eBay or wherever... PM me if interested. Jim