• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by jammont

1. 61 series II with Turbo

61 series II with Turbo

95% complete....2.0L twin cam turbo with 5 speed...very fun
  2. series ii alpine

series ii alpine

my series ii out in front of five guys burgers in Regina Saskatchewan.
  3. 61 Series II

61 Series II

Pic with 4 bolt hubs and 10 hole ford/pony 15" rims.
  4. J

Series 2 hard tops

I have 2 series 2 original aluminum hardtops...no back windows and no headliners in both...1 is in excellent condition and one would be parts...also have an aftermarket black fiberglass top with small backwindow...1 top fibreglass with 3 window (no windows in it)...tops are located in Regina...
  5. J

Speedometer gauge size

Gauge size Thanks you for the speedy response...now I can look at gauges online
  6. J

Speedometer gauge size

Hello I was wondering if anyone knew what size the speedometer gauge is in a sunbeam alpine? I am looking at replacing with a GPS speedometer but do not have the car near me to measure. Could one of you gentleman please help me out?
  7. J

4G63T in a 61 sunbeam alpine

4g63t Hi Al I had to make some room as I have a lot of toys..I am keeping for the time being as I was able to make some arrangements. The problem I seem to have when I drive it is speeding as it always wants to get up and go. Have already got a ticket with it. By the way how is the v6 alpine...
  8. J

4g63t Have had a chance to work on the car the last couple of months. 95% complete. All I have to do is put my new dash pad in and clean up the interior a little. The car is running excellent now as I have ran a couple of tunes on it. Just wanted to post a pic to show what it looks like in its...
  9. J

205/50-15s on a Series II?

Series ii I have 205 50/15 15x7 on my series 2. They are the factory turbine wheels off a 5.0 pony. I had to trim the front valence and the rear wheel well lip. I had to put the series 2 rear shock conversion kit which helped tire rub on large bumps in the road. I am sure with a 15x6 rim...
  10. J

series 2 front shocks

Shocks Thanks guys Appreciate all the help. Regards Jamie
  11. J

Engine swap Hi bill I will try tonight to post some larger pictures...also when I am back in town to drive it I will tell you the times...all I know is it has a lot of torque. Regards Jamie
  12. J

series 2 front shocks

Can anyone tell me what shocks will fit the front of my series 2? I have looked at some of the old posts and some said volvo and camaro but what years? Any insight on this would be appreciated. Regards Jamie
  13. J

Engine swap Thank Al....how is that series v coming along? Have you got it all tuned up?
  14. J

sunbeam engine Hi Guys Been awhile since i posted on the forum. Here is an updated pic of my engine. Finally had a chance over the last couple of days to take it out to see what it can do....it is scary fast...more power than i will ever use...Fun though..Also just finished putting in the rear...
  15. J

Rear hubs resist laws of physics!

hubs I had the same problem when i switched over to 4 bolt hubs....spent a couple hundred bucks on a heavy duty puller off of ebay and beat on the wrench like there was no tomorrow and then pop...she came off. Just takes alot of persistance and the right tool.