• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by JackSun

1. JackSun

WEBER 45DOCE - what application if any to a 1725

Hi Dan , I use the Lynx intake w/ a Weber 45 w/ the headers you so graciously provided . I have been more than pleased & impressed w/ the increased performance & throttle response . I converted from the 32/36 Weber downdraft w/ a drastic , major improvement . I have not experienced the “...
  2. JackSun

Gas pedal linkage

Mag0152 , Take a look @ the gallery pics on the website ! There’s a couple of drivers side pics , the Scuttle brace is a bit in the way , but , c/b a help ? I do remember having to move the bracket that mounts to the firewall a few inches .
  3. JackSun

Gas pedal linkage

I’m sorry ! Only pic,I have & I have since changed to a single DCOE & changed everything .
  4. JackSun

Gas pedal linkage

Hope this might help
  5. JackSun

Best Repair Manual

Suppose it’s all relative . When I rescued the Alpine from a Texas barn , I had nothing , nor any familiarity with Alpines , only a 50+ year desire to own one . Eight years ago , books 4 cars was the only place I found with a reproduced S V , WSM & an owners manual ….when one has nothing &...
  6. JackSun

Best Repair Manual

I’ve always had success finding manuals & books using : books4cars.com and / or ABE books .com books4cars are good reproductions & ABE books is a booksellers resale site ….. have gotten some hard to find originals from ABE postings on different Marques from U K booksellers .
  7. JackSun

Car Shipping , Interstate Alpine transport

if a future transporter need , I Won’t waste my time w/ the broker scams . Ben delivered the when & where & for the price he quoted & kept me posted on where he was en route . Thanks again Guy ! Cheers , Jack
  8. JackSun

A large Thank You ! & Cheers , to “ belmateo “ , after ridiculous $ quotes , several No Thank you‘s ,” It’s Too far off the path “ responses , YouShip failure w/ absurd estimates….. Ben , will deliver the Alpine tomorrow @ a totally acceptable price & will bring it on the island & I don’t...
  9. JackSun

Anyone know any independent car transporters ? Needing to get an Alpine transported from Oklahoma to Alabama .…. Are the days of an independent shipper gone & there‘s only the “ pressure , shipping brokers “ on the internet ? Surely , there’s still people that will load it , drive it to you...
  10. JackSun

Q: For those using Valvoline VR1 20w-50

I use Brad Penn / Penn Grade 20w - 50w w/o any issues . After looking for oils w/ a high zinc content & reading multiple reviews , I have used it exclusively since resurrecting an Alpine that had sat for 25 years . It’s an added plus that it’s green ….so drips & drops on the garage floor...
  11. JackSun

Wanted: SIV passenger side fender complete

No affiliation @ all , just saw the ad ! There’s an ad on FB M’place for Sunbeam Tiger parts in Ormond Beach , Fla that shows a rack of parts including what appears to be a complete Pass side fender …..if you cannot find the ad PM me & I’ll fwd it to you ……( unaware of how to post the listing...
  12. JackSun

1965 Tiger project (Santa Clara, California)

No connection or relation to the seller , just saw it looking for something else & NOT looking for a Tiger , but , If someone is ….seems to me from the pics , the ‘65 Tiger w/ rusty Rockers , listed on Daytona Beach C L Auto Parts for $11,500 seems a better deal than all these dollars for all...
  13. JackSun

Heater valve series V

Hi Mark , How much for one of the valves + shipping to 73120 ? Thanks ! Jack
  14. JackSun

Heater valve series V

Thanks Barry & Alpine 64 … I wonder if the one shown @ Moss for TR 4 , 250 & TR 6 w/b easier to plumb & connect than the 4 seasons ? I’ll call Moss & ask about ……
  15. JackSun

Heater valve series V

Thanks Mike ! If someone has a source for similar OEM one or a retrofit of another ….seems , there’s a demand for them .