• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Hungrybunny_1

1. H

Missing brake calliper bolt

Thank you all! As directed I found the right bolt at a local supply store and am cutting it down to the right length, Thanks for helping me get it back on the road, Luke
  2. H

Missing brake calliper bolt

Today I went to leave and had an unusual knocking sound, checked it out and I’ve lost the bottom most bolt that holds the calliper in place. Would I be able to buy this from any bolt shop or would I need to find someone who has an extra?
  3. H

Random SB things I have

Calgary, Alberta
  4. H

Random SB things I have

Update: anything in the photos is for sale as well, if I can not sell the item it’s headed for the dump.
  5. H

Random SB things I have

Hello everyone, here’s a list of parts I have for sale, I’ll post the photos if you ask. series V steering wheel and assembly Steering wheel cover Series V heater core Original seatbelts Series V side windows ( the little ones in front ) Series I seats, need upholstering Series I seat rails...
  6. H

Need expert eyes

Thanks Rootes. Interesting to know.
  7. H

Need expert eyes

I finally cleaned the engine compartment and found the engines VIN. It is certainly not the original engine with a vin of B3009155 ( appears to have been restamped also ). I believe that means its a series V engine in a series I. Good thing I found out before I ordered parts. Also i found the...
  8. H

Sunbeam Owners in Canada

Howdy everyone, I am from Okotoks Alberta and just bought a series one. Just letting ya know.
  9. H

Need expert eyes

Thanks Hillman, I haven’t been able to get in touch with SS so I was wondering what comes with the caliper kit? I’m hoping it’s everything I need because almost everything except for the caliper and bolts needs to be replaced.
  10. H

Need expert eyes

In another thread someone mentioned a brake caliper kit from Napa, does it work for the original calipers? I have seen the ones from SS but if I could find one locally it would cut down on costs. The seals are old as well as the hoses, has anyone found a modern brake line that works or is...
  11. H

Need expert eyes

That’s all I needed to hear, Thanks Puff!
  12. H

Need expert eyes

Heres a photo of the hole, should there be plug in it? Or do all of your cars just have it open? Thanks for your help :)
  13. H

Need expert eyes

Ahh okay, I believe the hole under the bell housing had expanded a bit but now I’m not concerned. The mirror is unfortunate I will have to order another bullet mirror to match the passenger side. The chrome piece appears to have been in a package with the steering column cover, it does seem to...
  14. H

Need expert eyes

I have searched further into the car and found a quarter sized hole in the bottom of the bell housing, should I replace the whole thing or weld a steel cover over the hole? One photo I have attached shows what I think is the mount for a driver side mirror , the passenger side mirror is a bullet...
  15. H

Need expert eyes

Husky, You are completely right, I have never seen anything like it before so was unsure of it’s duty. Thank you for the VIN location as well I will check on that tomorrow. Luke