• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Hoghead

1. H

Wanted SIII hood badge

Sorted - thanks
  2. H

Wanted SIII hood badge

If they would only answer me.................
  3. H

Wanted SIII hood badge

Centre part only, less chrome ring, but complete is fine New, new repro, or excellent condition only please
  4. H

Alpine hood badge as tiger horn button

That is cleaner, and really nice - maybe a better idea I have a new Tiger grill emblem I am not using.........................
  5. H

Alpine hood badge as tiger horn button

I am about to machine aluminium rings for myself and my mate to fit an early Alpine hood badge as a horn button in my Tiger. I have seen this before so not my bright idea. Must have been an enthusiast made part? New repro Alpine hood badges are readily available, and quite reasonable from...
  6. H

Roots emblem horn button

I am about to machine aluminium rings for myself and my mate to fit an early Alpine hood badge as a horn button. I have seen this before so not my bright idea. Must have been an enthusiast made part? New repro badges are readily available and quite reasonably from your favourite Vendor...
  7. H

Interior Rear View Mirror Alternatives

Healey 100/4 or AC Cobra, and clamp onto the stock stem The later big healey is very similar as noted, but the Sunbeam stem is too large to fit
  8. H

Where can I get STOCK front coil springs?

I am running 400 lbs/in x 1 inch shorter, from Coil Spring Specialities with dropped spindles. Custom rear springs per Dale's design .875 front sway bar in a stockish street car
  9. H

The front coil spring rate is linear and a shim will not increase pressure. It will increase the spring height
  10. H

Coil Spring Specialities is your best choice, and you will just have to wait. Any rate and height you want. The Mustang II rubber isolator is about half that of a Tiger and will drop the height 2X the difference in thickness, or about .75 - 1". Conversely a thicker rubber will raise the car...
  11. H

Tiger air cleaner subsitute

I would simply water jet out a suitable spacer from Bakelite sheet, and drill the vacuum port. I did something similar using 1/2 sheet purchased on-line, as an intake spacer on my Suby engine
  12. H

tiger speedo cable drive gear

The stock gear is NLA for years, unless you are willing to pay a rip off price from a hoarder. Other ratio gears are available from David Kee Transmissions or Dan Williams Toploader. Calculate your tyre height and buy the closest available Or buy a repro GPS speedo from Jim Gislason, and...
  13. H

Tiger One Wire Alternator Conversion Pulley Alignment

BTW, I have now re-designed this bracket to fit both the Powermaster 93mm and 100mm frame "mini" alternators, so that you can have a choice of outputs up to 75A.
  14. H

If using the stock Tiger pullies (or my billet pullies), the shorter alternator bracket standoff marked "dipstick" is to allow for the thickness of the dipstick bracket at the head, and with the fan flange on the water pump in the correct Tiger position it should all line up. The most common...
  15. H

He contacted me, but had already figured it out by that time - problem solved Pic attached of this in my car In future I am rgstraghan at yahoo dot ca - note ca and not com https://rstech.my-online.store/