• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

hartmandm's latest activity

• hartmandm
    hartmandm replied to the thread Oil Pressure Relief Valve Mods.
    What sizes did you use for the drilling and tapping the bolt head? And did you need to add a seal for the adjustment bolt? Thanks, Mike
  • hartmandm
    hartmandm replied to the thread Carb advice needed.
    Shouldn't you remove the spark plugs as well for a compression test?
  • hartmandm
    hartmandm replied to the thread Oil Pressure Relief Valve Mods.
    Based on the pictures, DW's setup is adjustable. Mike
  • hartmandm
    This may be - or was - a thing on social media. Some interesting information - if you're interested. Too bad Rootesmobile engines...
  • hartmandm
    hartmandm replied to the thread Battery Wiring.
    In the later series V, the negative ground cable from the battery connects to a bolt on the battery box. The positive cable enters the...
    • 1713224301851.png
    • 1713224843531.png
    • 1713225022296.png
  • hartmandm
    I am not sure if this is the best way to share this information, if it isn't can the admin please move it as appropriate. This is the...
  • hartmandm
    hartmandm replied to the thread Diff oil.
    https://www.lucasoil.com/pdf/05_Gear_SAE%2080W90%20Gear%20Oil_PDS.pdf "Our specialty formulation is yellow metal safe ... "
  • hartmandm
    hartmandm replied to the thread Boot weatherstripping.
    I had measured the bumper bolt spacers on my series V and they were: ID=0.53" x OD=0.877" x Length=0.623"
  • hartmandm
    hartmandm replied to the thread Boot weatherstripping.
    For the bumper mounting bolts grommets that seal the bumper bolt spacers, you can use Sunbeam Specialties RG50 grommets. Mike
    • 1712688218107.png
    • 1712688259091.png
  • hartmandm
    hartmandm replied to the thread 1st time valve adjustment.
    I measured the head parts of a starting handle for another member in the past. Dug out that info below. Handle diameter (A): 0.628"...
    • Starting handle annotated.JPG
  • hartmandm
    hartmandm replied to the thread Diff oil.
    I use SAE 80W-90 GL-5 gear oil in my differential - specifically the Lucas brand, which says it is designed for hypoid gears.
  • hartmandm
    hartmandm replied to the thread Odometer Reset Arm removal.
    There is a split / cotter pin that attaches the reset arm.
    • 1712507225927.png
  • hartmandm
    hartmandm replied to the thread No spark frustration.
    Lol. Looks like Moss Motors sells something almost identical. https://mossmotors.com/131-505-inertia-starter-solenoid
    • 1712276314614.png
  • hartmandm
    hartmandm replied to the thread No spark frustration.
    As I am always curious, I did some analysis of the aftermarket starter solenoid I have that appears identical to Paul67's starter...
    • 1712275714561.png
  • hartmandm
    hartmandm replied to the thread Clutch won't disengage.
    I believe the rod length won't matter much to some degree, as the plunger resting place inside the clutch slave will move forwards or...