• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Greggers

1. IMG_0907.jpeg

IMG_0907.jpeg

2. Greggers

April 5+6 2024- Columbia, SC Invasion.

A great time was had by all at the event. Please post any photos you may have taken in the gallery at this link: Columbia Invasion 2024
  3. IMG_8678.jpeg

IMG_8678.jpeg

3 finned Alpines in a row
  4. Greggers

2024 Club Calendar Monthly Car Articles

Hopefully John can chime in for more context, but a reverse image search came up with St. Anne's Catholic Church in Byron, CA. That said, I can tell you that the calendar image is... um... only partially real. This was an image that John shared for consideration years ago, but as it was a...
  5. Greggers

Alpine Horn - are we still getting them?

Totally my fault. I missed the December edition in all the holiday madness. It’s live now. As for the current edition, we don’t get the overseas edition until a couple of weeks after the home market edition is published. So the February one should be rolling in in the next couple of days.
  6. Greggers

Fun Alpine Pictures

It's not my best work, but here's how it might've looked.
  7. Greggers

Loading pictures

There is no image size limit. However, to save database space, the software is set to automatically downsize them to a maximum of 3500 pixels tall or wide if I recall. The attached image was on my phone at >3MB, and the software downsized it to 1.3MB. So there must be something else going on.
  8. Greggers

May 7 - Atlanta British Motorcar Day

May 07, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM EDT Suwanee Town Center, 330 Town Center Ave, Suwanee, GA 30024 Well, the show’s sold out, but some of us (DanR) managed to get a spot. Others of us will show up early and park near the show, maybe even with a Sunbeam. It’s a nice area. There are a few restaurants...
  9. Greggers

Save the date! Sunbeam Invasion/BASH Columbia, SC Mar 31-Apr 2 2023

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I did manage to get a room within the block a couple of minutes ago. Now to find a stamp to mail in the registration.
  10. Greggers

Previously mentioned

If there's enough interest, I can build it as a list, map, whatever. I can lock it down so only participating members can even view the forum that houses it. I'll have to read the SAOC's article on it to get suggestions for implementing it. Upon opt-in, I'll have to manually give you access to...
  11. Greggers

New Site Software

There was an outdated plug-in that was triggering that on the main site software. It was not compatible with the new PHP,* so it was throwing up errors. I fixed it in about 30 seconds after I learned about it. Speaking of which, anytime you folks see something weird like that, please send me a...
  12. Greggers

2023 Club Calendar Monthly Car Articles

The theme for this year's February photo is a Sunbeam getting its heart. Get it? Valentine's Day? Heart? Is this thing on?
  13. Greggers

New Site Software

I've added this back in. When upgrading, I found a little code that removes the annoying site name from the home page, but unfortunately that took the thread name with it.
  14. Greggers

New Site Software

On behalf of the club, I'd like to thank you. I guess I'm the closest thing we have to a webmaster. I am not a webmaster. I'm not a computer programmer. I'm a volunteer who inherited Xenforo and researches things way beyond his skillset to manage this site alone. The fact that it hasn't imploded...
  15. Greggers

New Site Software

Personally, I think this plug-in takes us in the wrong direction. It solves a minor inconvenience for some but turns it into a major hindrance for most. I'm going to recommend we remove the add-on and go back to the way it was. Hopefully they'll add the jump to latest thread/page feature back...