• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Green67Alpine

1. Green67Alpine

Shocks

Don't believe I want to remove the spring as I didn't enjoy the process of installing them, however I don't have that much compression on the front end. The shocks installed are KYB I have no idea what the p/n is as the box is long gone, they were purchased from a import car vendor although...
  2. Green67Alpine

Shocks

Good day folks, I've got a series V with the 2.8 , completely rebuilt suspension(along witheverythingelse). My question is about the front suspension, I put series 3 front springs on to lower the front a bit ,also installed series V front shocks they work but if you push down on the fender...
  3. Green67Alpine

Boot weatherstripping

Well I don't have a fuel smell in the cabin, the cross over pipe is metal (its painted so I can't tell what type.) I've installed the shock top rubber covers( thanks a ton Steve) but the hard top is off so until we put it back on there's no fume problems. Again I'd like to thank everyone who...
  4. Green67Alpine

Boot weatherstripping

Sure smells like exhaust fumes, I've re- checked (a few times) fuel leaks on the manifold which were there when first setting up the engine but I believe that problem has been solved. As far as a poor seal on the headers I did use the "crushable " gaskets although not the extra bottom bolt...
  5. Green67Alpine

Rubber shock cover

Hopefully someone else will come up with some, I looked at 4 of the Sunbeam suppliers and had no luck. The 2 usual stateside and Rootes Parts and Alpine Innovations in the UK and beyond. There's only a couple more that I know of , hope for the best. Tom j
  6. Green67Alpine

Rubber shock cover

Thanks Steve, those will work just fine.
  7. Green67Alpine

Boot weatherstripping

Ah ha! Those were definitely not on my car when I took it apart. I'll look around for something similar. Thanks for the tip Mike I think there's a couple extra in the box of spares. Tom j Thank ya'll for the information and help.
  8. Green67Alpine

Rubber shock cover

Serviceable used set would also be acceptable.
  9. Green67Alpine

Boot weatherstripping

Any idea what size off the top of your head? Once I figure out where they go finding the size shouldn't be too hard.
  10. Green67Alpine

Boot weatherstripping

I'm pretty sure I'm missing the square rubber O rings mentioned above, since I don't recall ever seeing them when the car was completely disassembled or when rebuilding. Where would one obtain a set? Also looking for the rear top shock mount covers/grommet I put gaffers tape over the holes for...
  11. Green67Alpine

Rubber shock cover

Looking for the grommet/ cover for the top of the rear shocks on a series V. I've not seen them at the usual suppliers. Need a pair. Thanks Tom j
  12. Green67Alpine

Comment by 'Green67Alpine' in media 'IMG_0907.jpeg'

Nice looking car ! Oh, wait that's mine.
  13. Green67Alpine

Boot weatherstripping

Thank you for the replies, new fully welded exhaust, no holes in the firewall that aren't sealed , curtain installed, only a soft top frame. Truss head in front position, but now comes a possible culprit, I put KYB shocks on and couldn't make the new shock covers fit. I'll seal those holes...
  14. Green67Alpine

Boot weatherstripping

Howdy Folks, I'm having a problem with exhaust fumes coming into the cabin with the hardtop on the car, granted the cars nickname right now is "stinky" (it needs to be fine tuned) but what I'm finding is the soft top cover when tucked in(with hardtop on) will blow up out of it's tucked position...
  15. Green67Alpine

Car Cover Recommendations

I got the one that SS sells 3-4 years ago, maybe longer, it fits great, soft top or hard top, works well and still looks like new. It's pretty easy to shake off water, pollen and anything else that happens to come in contact with it. I'm very pleased with the cover. Tom j