• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by gearheadgirl

1. gearheadgirl

Body No. Tag Series II

What happened?:) Oh you don't want to talk about it. Try this website.... http://www.datatags.com
  2. gearheadgirl

1962 Sunbeam Alpine Series II - Clock

Ah....So close, may still fit, but not totally accurate. Thanks
  3. gearheadgirl

1962 Sunbeam Alpine Series II - Clock

Seeking one for my Alpine. Is the model number of the correct fit Smiths Clock?? #CE2194/08
  4. gearheadgirl

1962 Alpine - Pulling Drive Train

Thanks for the info on the tools! Hope to yank it as soon as possible and get it going again soon! Then on to rebuilding those old shocks.
  5. gearheadgirl

1962 Alpine - Pulling Drive Train

Plan to pull the drive train out this summer. Here is my really dumb question.... Are my standard tools qualified for the job? Meaning the tools I use on all my other old American vehicles? Thanks
  6. gearheadgirl

1962 Alpine Series II - So Cal Help?

I have a car that needs it's drivetrain rebuilt. Any suggestions on anyone who can take on the project? Looking for a stock rebuild....hopefully sooner than end of summer. I'm in Long Beach, CA and need to tow the car somewhere. Thanks!
  7. gearheadgirl

1962 Series II Wheels & Hubcaps

I have the wire wheels on the car. Just wondering: A) Are the steel wheels available anywhere? B) Are the hubcaps available anywhere? C) Anyone know how much these items would be (or for trade)? Thanks!
  8. gearheadgirl

1962 Series II Rebuilding Time

Jay - Thanks for that reply. I have emailed Dan twice so hopefully he returns. If anyone has his phone number, I would be happy to call him . Thanks!
  9. gearheadgirl

Am in need of rebuilding the engine, transmission, clutch, etc. Am in the Long Beach, CA area. Am seeking anyone in the area who knows these cars and may be for hire in doing such rebuilding. Any recommendations? Thanks!
  10. gearheadgirl

I think I will stay as stock as possible. I think I will go with the Pertronix Ignition though. Thanks for the tips on the brushing out of the block and the rocker tip resurfacing!
  11. gearheadgirl

I am going to rebuild the Engine, Transmission, Clutch, Brakes on our 1962 Alpine. My hope was to hand the car to someone here in Southern California who knows these cars, but I cannot find that person. (Dan Walters is too busy right now) So I am going to work it with another guy who knows ALL...
  12. gearheadgirl

Series I & II Help in So. Cal.

Seeking anyone who might work on the Series 1 and II Alpines in he Southern California area. Thanks!
  13. gearheadgirl

Anyone in So. Cal. for our cars?

Seeking anyone who might work on the Series 1 and II Alpines in he Southern California area. Thanks!
  14. gearheadgirl

Series I and II So. Cal. Guru's?

Any recommendations on experts for the Series I and II Alpine's here in the Southern California area...that do all types of work on the cars? Thanks!!!
  15. gearheadgirl

Series II oil Pump

Hello All, Say I want to replace the oil pump on our 1962 Series II... What are the steps in doing it? An hour or two...or an all day affair? Thanks!