• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by fred1725

1. fred1725

Tampa FL Area

Looking for Members in the Tampa, Orlando area who could let me know where I can find a shop or mechanic who could do some minor work on my Series V I am getting the car road worthy and need help. It has been stored in a garage for the past 6 years and needs to be run. Any help will be greatly...
  2. fred1725

Starter Motor

Hey Guys, Thanks for all the input. Turning the wheel all the way to the right cleared the steering arm and taking the clutch slave off and moving it did the trick. After that it was just jiggle and drop. Thank you to all who helped. Fred
  3. fred1725

Starter Motor

I haven't had to replace a starter in a long time, but I do now. I seem to recall being able to remove it without dropping the exhaust manifold. But now I can't seem to get mine out. What is the best procedure? The wsm seems to have it flying right out. Thanks Fred
  4. fred1725

Bumper brackets

Brackets Paul A I wish I had a used top. I just went through buying a new top and paying to have it installed. OUCH!! Fred
  5. fred1725

Bumper brackets

I need a pair of front bumper brackets for a Series V. If anybody has a pair to spare, let me know you need for them or if you have a need, maybe a trade. Thanks Fred
  6. fred1725

Trans diagnosis and repair

OD box NN Sorry on the box. O.D. has my OD. It is shipped and gone Fred
  7. fred1725

Trans diagnosis and repair

O.D. box Just FYI I have an O.D. box that I bought a long time ago and have never used. It is just the OD not the trans. I was told it was rebuilt when I bought it but who knows what that means. So if anyone needs "just the O.D." I have one. Thanks Fred
  8. fred1725

Series V Engine troubles

Thanks I will try that tomorrow. Fred
  9. fred1725

Series V Engine troubles

My 1725 had been running ok but then started to run on 3 cylinders and then come back to 4and back to 3. I checked fuel, ok, replaced ign wires. rotor and cap and have spark to all 4. So on to compression check, 150, 150, 150, 75. My observation is must be valves or rings. Is there a way...
  10. fred1725

III-V Hardtop

I have a hardtop to sell. It is currently in primer and taken apart. I have all the pieces to assemble it latches, window, and all the rubber pieces (NEW) I have pictures but couldn't upload them. I am near Hershey PA and would rather have it picked up and not go through shipping. There is...
  11. fred1725

Engine dies

After checking The engine fires on first cylinder with ether. In under a minute it wheezes and dies. I pulled the gas line at the carbs, put it in a bottle, pulled the coil wire and spun the engine. I got about an ounce of gas after 30 seconds of spinning. I looked at the fuel pump glass...
  12. fred1725

Engine dies

Help I put my sv engine and trans back in after painting and it ran for s short time and stalled. I would run it but but when I hit the gas pedal, it sounded starved for gas and died. At that point I thought I should clean the gas tanks as they had never been done. I cleared the gas line to...
  13. fred1725

Brake Servo Bypass

Help I need to bypass my brake servo. This rebuild appears to be sucking my brake reservoir dry. I need about a 6" long brake pipe with female connections on both ends to bypass the servo. Are these available? does anyone have one? I spent way too much on this rebuilt unit for this to...
  14. fred1725

Series V For Sale

Series V Alpine-Sold I must have listed too low. Local guy contacted me, looked at the car, Full price cash offer. Car Sold. Fred
  15. fred1725

Series V For Sale

Due to lack of use, it breaks my heart but it is time to sell my SV to someone who will love it. Hrdtop, wire wheels, I have owned it since 1971. It has been stored inside running condition for 30 yrs Needs someone to drive it. $5,500 Hershey PA area. Fred