• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Fordtootsie

1. F

Series 1 or 2 window weather strip

I am looking for the Exterior and Interior window weather strips and the clips that hold them in place. Alpine west had them listed in there catalog but Sue has retired. John K
  2. F

2.8 progress

I am still chasing my intermittent vacuum leak. Question - Has anyone had trouble with the valley pan gasket leaking - Has anyone blocked off the passage way underneath the carb that was used to get a fast carb warm up and did it leak? Any other ideas John K
  3. F

2.8 progress

Dan I sent Tom a PM
  4. F

2.8 progress

Dan Does tom Hayden still rebuild the electronic tachs and how to contact him John
  5. F

2.8 progress

I have now run my engine about 2 hours. It idles very rough. The cam that came with the reman engine is part of the issue as talked about before BUT something else is going on. I dont have a tech yet but at a normal idle the vacuum is erratic some where around the 7 to 10 inches. Running the...
  6. F

2.8 progress

Yes I am using the Mustang II cable clutch
  7. F

2.8 progress

OOO - KKK It has been a long time since I posted my Series 1 v-6 conversation progress. So here is an update A move to New Mexico has made progress slow BUT I started the engine last Sat - Feb 11. The normal issues - rear end leaked, oil filter 90 degree leaked, water leaked you know the...
  8. F

Series 1/2 dash panel switch bezels

Thank you sunalp - I will contact Rick John
  9. F

What carb are you running on a 2bbl V6?

I hooked a 12 volt supply to the electric choke. It opened at a good rate. SO I guess I will just try it using only the electric heater. If that does not work well a manual choke would make it work and fill an extra hole in my dash panel. Hope to have the first start up next week - If all...
  10. F

Thanks Michael That helps. This leaves me with several holes to fill in the dash panel - PO seem to have a need for extra switches.
  11. F

Need a good set of switch bezels for my series 1 restoration. Need Blower, wiper, lights, panel/map. There may be another one but I cant remember John
  12. F

What carb are you running on a 2bbl V6?

I have a carb question. I am running a motorcraft 2150 carb on my v6 conversion. My rebuilt carb has an electric choke and the provision for a heat riser. Do I use both or just just electric. If I need a heat riser how is the best way to connect it to the Jose header. Also do you use 12...
  13. F

SV V6 Restoration

Looking Good - Mine has 48 patch panels and looked like yours when I started. I hope to get mine started for the first time this week John
  14. F

Series I Mechanical Tac and Speedo Repair

I found my old info
  15. F

Series I Mechanical Tac and Speedo Repair

I have a series I with mechanical tac and speedometer. I would like to have them cleaned ,oiled and the speedometer set back to "0" millage. Does anyone know of a shop who does this work?