• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Floor guy

1. Floor guy

Postal Jeep

If I decide to go with a jeep dan 44 from a cj5 or postal jeep does it need to be narrowed? Will the spring perches need relocating?
  2. Floor guy

body panel troubles

I had absolutely no problem with the panels I got from Jeff Howarth. I wish I had found him before I had ordered the stuff from Classic Sunbeam and especially randy. Classic sunbeam has been super helpful with everything else I got from them. Very knowledgeable and helpful with information and...
  3. Floor guy

body panel troubles

His panels fit with very minor fiddling unlike the others that required major time-consuming reworking. I wish I had found him first.
  4. Floor guy

body panel troubles

I bought several body repair panels from classic sunbeam. I couldnt be more disappointed. Not one of the panels aside from being nominally the right shape was the right size. The rocker panels were closer to a banana than a rocker panel. When held up to the car both ends curved up by at least...
  5. Floor guy

cross brace metal

Sorry I ment the X brace part of the chassis
  6. Floor guy

cross brace metal

Does anyone know what gauge of metal was used on the cross brace? Mine has some rust that needs to be addressed and I cant tell what gauge steel was used.
  7. Floor guy

V6 conversion bell housing

Thanks to everyone who responded. I finally got it out.
  8. Floor guy

V6 conversion bell housing

How do you remove the clutch fork and actuator shaft from the bell housing. It is an internal fork assembly I will be going with a different throwout bearing setup.
  9. Floor guy

floor pans

Where can I source floor pans for a series V. I have had no luck searching so far.
  10. Floor guy

speedometer gear

What speedo sender works best for the T5 in a V6 conversion?
  11. Floor guy

V6 flywheel

Does no one have the part number of the mustang II v6 flywheel? I find it hard to believe with all the v6 conversions no one can tell me what the part number is.
  12. Floor guy

V6 flywheel

I cant seem to get answers to the question I asked.
  13. Floor guy

V6 flywheel

What is a good part number for a flywheel for the v6 conversion? My engine is from an 85 ranger and has a clutch and flywheel still on it. Will that work with the mustang II bellhousing?
  14. Floor guy

Postal jeep rear end

The post office used those jeeps for decades. What I am asking is what years are better for getting a rear for an Alpine than others. Also what modifications are needed to transplant one into an Alpine.
  15. Floor guy

Postal jeep rear end

What years are best for getting a postal jeep rear end? What needs to be done to it to bolt into a SV Alpine?What gear ratio works best for the V6 conversion? I plan on doing a V6 conversion fairly soon and have talked to dan about getting his parts. But I may not stop there and am looking for...