• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Faux tgr 66

1. Faux Tiger at Texas Motor Speedway

Faux Tiger at Texas Motor Speedway

At the South Texas Motor Speedway infield tunnel.
  2. Faux tgr 66

66 Faux Tiger

The car has arrived in SoCal and is in CobraLee's possession. I was traveling when the car was shipped. It sure seemed weird to open the garage and, No Alpine! Almost panicked, then remembered I sold it. Didn't take my wife long to fill the void in the garage. Remember friends and neighbors, to...
  3. Faux tgr 66

66 Faux Tiger

Welcome to SAOCA my friend. As the new owner of Faux Tiger I am passing this thread on to you to keep the forum up to date on the car's progress. Enjoy the car, it's a lot of fun. The picture of the car being inspected is at a shop where he has 4 Tigers, that are all beautiful cars. He is also a...
  4. Faux tgr 66

66 Faux Tiger

Thanks, the wife is doing well. Now to get those rascally doctor bills paid. Those sound like good engine choices. The distributor and the extra weight is how his mechanic persuaded him to stay with the Buick. You're right about 350's being poked into all types of cars. I always preferred the...
  5. Faux tgr 66

66 Faux Tiger

Faux Tiger is on the way to the new owner in California. Sold it to a fellow in Burbank. Loaded it on the truck today for the journey. Really gonna miss the car, but it's time to move on. With retiring, moving to San Antonio, and doctor bills some of the toys had to go. The fellow that bought it...
  6. Faux tgr 66

66 Faux Tiger

With traveling for work and a 100F garage when I'm home, we haven't had much time or want to to show the car or tinker with it. We wanted to put it in the ASM upholstery/ Ass Monkey garage car show sponsored by a bearing place and Misfit Garage. Didn't get home from working out of town in time...
  7. Faux tgr 66

66 Faux Tiger

Pate was a lot of fun. Next day had to take my wife to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy. Now due to taxes, doctor bills and other expenses it looks like we may have to sell our beloved Faux Tiger. Trying to find a way to keep from doing that, so will have to wait and see. Trying to...
  8. Faux tgr 66

66 Faux Tiger

Yesterday was our first day at the Pate swap meet at Texas Motor Speedway. The car drew many lookers and one serious buyer. Don't think anything will come of it but it's always fun talking Alpine. It's amazing how many people say they had an Alpine when they were in college or in they're younger...
  9. Faux tgr 66

66 Faux Tiger

Thanks to Greg for posting the picture. You may notice how close the engine is to the firewall. After many trials and tribulations and a little help from the internet I was able to get the Ford solenoid working. Was thinking all I had to do was get the starter to spin and the bendix would kick...
  10. Faux tgr 66

66 Faux Tiger

Just finished mounting and wiring the Ford starter solenoid on the right fender well. Was able to reroute the cable from the terminal block mounted on the firewall to the new solenoid and from there to the starter with a 32" cable from O'Reillys auto parts. Still have to wire from the switch...
  11. Faux tgr 66

66 Faux Tiger

Just got back from a 30 mile test/fun drive. Went through town and country. Wound her up to about 5K rpm's through the gears for the fun of it. Laid down some small patches of rubber. Temps got to 160F on the highway and 190F in medium stop and go traffic. Purred like a kitten with tiger blood...
  12. Faux tgr 66

Dallas British Car Show this May 3 !

Thanks for the info on this show. We are going to try to be there. Looking forward to seeing your car at the show and all the other British cars as well.
  13. Faux tgr 66

66 Faux Tiger

Thanks to Greggers for posting the picture. Finally had time to work on the vent for the upper radiator hose. Spent a total of 3 hours at 3 different auto parts stores digging through their hose rack looking for a hose with the right bends. Was able to piece together 2 different hoses to get it...
  14. Faux tgr 66

66 Faux Tiger

Sorry for being away for awhile. Had some surgery on my neck so no work could be done on the car or anywhere else. Have 14 weeks of light duty just now wrapping up. Wasn't able to crawl under the car or lift my arms over my head. Feel great now. Praise the Lord for that! We put the car in...
  15. Faux tgr 66

66 Faux Tiger

Thanks for the info. Will look to see how much clearance there is between the header and the starter. Haven't had time to do much to the car. Weather isn't helping much. I work out of town alot and when I get home I don't have much desire to crawl under the car. When Spring gets here I will feel...