• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by fastfrontier17

1. fastfrontier17

LHS Dovetail

Anyone have a LH side (US driver side) dovetail fitting with good chrome and no cracks?
  2. fastfrontier17

Foggy Fuel Gauge

Hi all, Just a quick question. My fuel gauge on my S2 fogs up a little after starting the car. I presume there's a seal and moisture is just clinging to little bits of dust. Does the gauge have a rubber seal, and if so is there a source for replacement?
  3. fastfrontier17

Series I-II shock conversion kit

Had the first ride on mine by myself and another ride with a passenger. Best mod I've done to date. These are of an older design by Doug, but worked perfectly.
  4. fastfrontier17

32/36 Fuel Line Routing

I've been looking at images, and saw this later series run it a little further out, but I don't really care for it dangling, and it also has an exhaust manifold in lieu of header, so not really the same.. My brass inlet on my 32/36 is on the opposite side of the one pictured below as well...
  5. fastfrontier17

32/36 Fuel Line Routing

My series ii came to me with a 32/36. The fuel pump has a hard line that turns 90° and runs in front of the valve cover (under the expansion tank). The hard line stops near the center line of the car, and rubber fuel line makes the rest of the distance to the carb. I have the line routed so that...
  6. fastfrontier17

Drain Plug Threads

10mm Allen head, and had a rubber washer
  7. fastfrontier17

Known Ignition Switch Issues

It was the solenoid. The replacement from moss motors went in and it started first crank with fresh gas after 9 months.
  8. fastfrontier17

Checked red/white wire while connected to solenoid, on first try it read 0 volts until turning ignition to start, at which point it read a little over 12 v and the starter kicked over. I tried it one more time and it did the same thing. I disconnected all of my multimeter wires and tried it...
  9. fastfrontier17

Drain Plug Threads

Found one from Zoro that fits just like the ones that came out. 1/2" BSPP. Zoro #: G5007615 Mfr #: VSTI1/2EDCF
  10. fastfrontier17

Ordered a replacement solenoid from moss with push button just in case. Maybe I'll whack it with a lead hammer just to see if that helps lol.
  11. fastfrontier17

So when the switch is turned to "start", is the 12v applied to the solenoid, bringing the contacts together? Meaning that with just the ignition in the ON position there would be no voltage to red/white wire?
  12. fastfrontier17

Hi all, Trying to do some route cause from afar. My car has a relatively new battery and when pressing the button on the starter solenoid (or crossing the terminals with a screw driver), the starter will engage. When trying to use the ignition switch, the solenoid clicks and after 5 seconds or...
  13. fastfrontier17

Drain Plug Threads

They seem legit, but no response from them yet and there's no way to buy anything without calling them it appears. Need to get a new plug in by the weekend, so doubt they'll have something to me from Canada before then...
  14. fastfrontier17

Drain Plug Threads

I think the file may cost more than the replacement bolt I just bought. Lol. Hopefully the new bolt fits, and if it does then I have no way of really knowing why the SS one didn't fit.
  15. fastfrontier17

Drain Plug Threads

I tried emailing, and got this. Address not found Your message wasn't delivered to info@drainplugmagnets.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail